šŸ”¶ Verum One MK2

Is a hifiman edition xx out of budget?

noā€¦do you think thatā€™s the next upgrade path?How about the LCD 2C?

I would rather look for a used lcd 2 instead of a 2 classic if you can, the 2 is just more refined and capable, and I would only go for the 2 classic if you want something fairly dark and bass focused

1 Like

anyone know if the QC on these has gotten better? they look really nice and I see them a lot from reviewers, but I know there was a lot of talk about QC and channel imbalance which kinda makes sense as I know itā€™s a smaller operation. Also any difference between materials, or just cosmetic? probably like the zebrano the most. Actually think the carbon is pretty slick but I have so much black already.

Made a sound comparison between Verum One and Thieaudio Phantom. Have a listen, guys.

7 Likes

These are not V-shaped by any definition. They have a bit of a hump at 1k and no hump or peak in the treble. Theyā€™re neutral/warm, but with a dip at 3-4k that moves the vocals a bit farther out than what you have in HD6x0-series Sennheisers or other vocal-centric headphones. But V-shaped these are not, they just donā€™t have the treble to be called V-shaped. And with the perforated pads they just get a touch more airy and smoother, closer to neutral and even further away from V-shaped.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/verum-audio-exciting-high-performance-diy-planar.887175/page-24#post-14921985

I donā€™t understand why M0N is calling these V-shaped, where heā€™s getting all of that treble that would form the right side of the V. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve only heard the mk1 (pretty sure I noted that above), perhaps I listened to a strange example? They had a recession in the mid-range for the pair I tired, not drastic but it was there, leading me to call them v shaped. Not too much treble as you say but not dark either. Could be variance, idk. Also it was with some prototype pads if I recall correctly, not sure if thatā€™s what ended up shipping out with the mk1. Still havenā€™t heard a mk2 yet

Really curious to hear impressions of Mk2 whenever anyone gets them, especially vs. Sundara

I got to ask about the signature on these and how they measure to the sundaraā€¦ as sundara has that kinda width depth kind of sound to them its not as ā€œin your headā€ I was wondering if this shared that and if it was better than sundara in peoples opinions as I am considering picking these up but hesitant due to return policies lol. If anyone owns these can you chime in and let me know about these in comparison? Would Really appreciate it.

Does anyone know what shipping time is like?

I find it strange that the custom made verum 1 that Z was suppose to get never came, and wasnā€™t spoken about ever again? I ainā€™t messing with that headphone.

Wasnā€™t it just an idea for custom-made metal plates, probably not even made by Verum Audio?

I know he got problems because covid ā€“ he could not get some parts so thereā€™s been a 2-3 months delay even.

Iā€™m still interested by these, especially the ā€œVerum 2sā€, apperently less expensive and coming soonā„¢.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know but it should of been made way before covid came along, because heā€™s been done with the Kickstarter orders for a while. Heā€™s
went from dealing with regular orders to mk2 orders. It seems strange that it would take over a year and a half, and either man speaks about it.

I ordered my pair in mid august and got em in the end of September and i guess that is ok delivery time since itā€™s such a small company and handmade etc. The box was a bit underwhelming and lacking in packing material but they made it ok from Ukraine to Sweden where i live. This is my second pair of headphones that is focused more towards hi-fi crowd and i must say that even tho my references are few compared to most on this forum prob i enjoy them a lot and they are my main pair for listening to music (previous pair was HD58x). Paired with my Topping E30/L30 stack they sound great to my ears and i wonā€™t attempt to get technical here but i have often just lost my self to the music and forgot i wear a big pair of headphones completely (they are quite big especially compared to my 58x). Build quality is actually great from what i can tell when considering itā€™s hand built, pads and headband are nice leather and stock cable is good enough. The only complaint i could see people could have is the frame of the headphone on the MRK2. If you have a really big head the top of your head will hit the frame on the top notch on headband adjustment (there is a brass thingie holding it together there so you feel that extra i would say). And even tho i have friends that have larger heads then me i started on the top to later go down two on one side and one on the other for optimal comfort after the headband stretched a bit (it is leather after all). Overall really happy with my pair tho after i wore them in. I would recommend then if you are willing to take the risk on a smaller manufacturer with all itā€™s implications.

10 Likes

Cool Iā€™m glad you like your new headphones, itā€™s always good to get feedback especially when itā€™s from a small independent manufacturer :+1:

PS welcome to HFGF :smiley:

I am curious about the mk2; Iā€™ve heard some complaints about the new headband too, but not sure if thatā€™s a head size issue. I have the mk1 , as find the headband cumbersome. Really love the sound though, once the ear pads are set right.

Iā€™ve been using my Mk2ā€™s for 4 months now. Really like them. I had the Mk1ā€™s but due to aā€¦ ummā€¦ user incident (my bad), I damaged one of the drivers so ordered a Mk2 to replace it. Iā€™m 6"3ā€™ with an average to above average size melon and have no complaints about the headband. I could see though that with low position ears or large cranium that there isnā€™t much room between the leather band and the metal chassis as I have then set, so yes, potentially an issue. Overall I prefer the new headband.

Oddly, one change that no one has mentioned that Iā€™ve heard between the Mk1 and Mk2, is that the cable connector into each cup is now a 3.5mm type. The Mk1 I have, used a 2.5mm connector. So my old cable cannot be used on the Mk2. Not a big deal but something no one else has noticed, or posted about.

Still love them though. Once burned in to get the bass out a little more, they suit my taste in sound signature very well.

6 Likes

I had seen mention of the 3.5 mm plugs ā€” probably a bigger deal to me than the headband. Thanks for the comments ā€” it really is a special headphone.

I received mine last month. I Think theyā€™re great.

Build: They look and feel solid and well built. The metal on the headband feels good, the 3.5 conectors have a good snap to them and also feels secure. I Think the only potential points of failure in the future on this build are the screw on the top of the headband, feels like is pressing continuously the two sheets of metal of the headband against each other, and the screws holding the headband to the cups could became loose.

Comfort: they weigh a little, but the headband is comfortable and the new perforated pads are quite soft, so no problems. They just donā€™t disappear like some other headphones.

Sound: I could describe them with the terms neutral, spacious, clear, fast and well extended. Vocals are well presented in the mix, but not foward, bass is there, acurate and fast and the highs are sparkly and well extended. Highs could get a little too sparkly in some tracks, but overall I feel like they are givin me everything on the song.
As I like a little more bass than neutral so I push the Bass boost buttom on my IFI IDSD Black Label and it is perfect for me.
I store them on an Takstar 82 case, cheap and effective.
The stock cable sucks, buy another immediately.

(sorry for my english, not my native language)

13 Likes

Are these still made by a Nazi? This was of heavy discussion on the Headfi forumsā€¦

3 Likes