What are you drinking tonight?

I’m drinking liquor (whiskey, vodka) and organic red wine (the cheapest I could find), with a splash of water. I’m going to try adding bubbles.

I am working a 2018 La Crema Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir this evening. Very nice. Well put together.

A good Islay scotch

Having a nice pork chop tonight so I decided to try this.

Really nice. I don’t drink whites much so it was a nice change. I would drink this again, definitely.

3 Likes

We had pork chops tonight as well. Sauv Blanc tends to be the go to in the house. I used to drink more red than white, but it flares up my heartburn much easier than white

1 Like

This was a really nice surprise. I found it in a sweet little wine shop in Half Moon Bay, a town on the CA coast. Lots of great selections there, tho a bit spendy. This one wasn’t bad at all. I may have to go back there. It’s a great ride, actually. Leave early on a Saturday where the marine layer pushes back early, get my haul and get out before the herd descends! And of course, take the long way home.

1 Like

I’m going to see if I can find a bottle next time I’m at Total Wine

Good choice. I prefer red wine mostly but this white is really worthy. Need to drink it again

1 Like

7yo Kaiyo whisky from Japan…, aged in Mizunara oak… smooth, sweet, fruity, no peat… reminds me of Highland Park. Like most Japanese whisky I’ve tried, remarkably good stuff.

Canada Day tomorrow, so I thought some Nova Scotia rum was required.
The Smoothest rum I have ever drank in my life. :grin:

3 Likes

It’s been one hell of a week, so I am treating myself to a little something I picked up while we were in Sausalito a couple weeks ago.

I am enjoying it neat, straight out of the freezer. Absolutely fantastic. Welcome to Friday Night…

3 Likes

A little toast for my dad’s birthday. This thing is an absolute beauty

3 Likes

For some reason, my favorite go-to Islay Scotch… Laphroaig 10… has been hard to come by lately, but a store here finally got some in, and I bought two bottles.

Decided to enjoy some Suntory tonight.

1 Like

Picked this up a few weeks ago, batch C921, loving it. After sitting for a weeks it doesn’t drink as hot as it used to, it’s very very enjoyable now

3 Likes

Have you tried the run of the mill others Ardberg, PC10, Bunnahabhain? I haven’t tried Laphroaig 10 yet, it’s on my list, I hope to come by a cask strength for a reasonable price. I think I tried Bunnahabhain 12, when I first started to get into whiskeys in spring, but I didn’t like it that much

I may have tried others you name, but don’t recall. I do enjoy Ardbeg 10yo and An Oa, though, and Laphoaig 10yo… my favorite. Laphroaig Select is less expensive, but disappointing because it’s sort of a toned–down version of the taste profile Laphroaig is known for. I tend to like Islay Scotch generally because of the peat, but Laphroaig 10yo stands out… it’s unique.

Have you tried PC10? It’s really delicious, I’d even say beautiful

I don’t think I have, but I’ll look out for it.

Bruichladdich makes good stuff. I hadn’t tried any peated whiskeys before and randomly saw a Octomore 12.1 in a bar, decided to try it and fell in love. I didn’t want to spend the coin on the Octomore bottle so decided for a Port Charlotte 10 and it doesn’t disappoint

1 Like