What are you drinking tonight?

Normally I’m a Scotch guy, but a while back I was given a bottle of Redbreast Irish Whiskey 27 Year Old. It’s an expensive bottle, but I felt like something a bit different and premium for tonight’s listening session. I have to say, this is one of the best non-Scotch whiskeys I have ever had. It’s smooth with some subtle vanilla notes and it seems really light at first, but it builds in complexity, adding more complex fruity notes (I think I’m tasting peach-like notes for sure), and it lingers with a long, slow, smoldering finish that I find to be quite refreshing.

I have been drinking a lot of spicy, peated Scotch single malts that are quick, bold, and make you feel every ounce as it goes down. I think that’s delightful and I have really enjoyed them. This Redbreast 27 is almost diametrically opposed to that, so much so that it’s kinda hard to believe that the two are part of the same Whiskey family. Overall, I think I picked very well for tonight and I have to try to remember to thank the friend that gifted me this bottle when I see him next.

box-27

2 Likes

Trying something different today. Kathy saw this on a nice sale and thought I might like it.

I’m familiar with the brand and have had good and bad. Turns out, this one is pretty nice. Think I’ll make a plate to enjoy it with.

The image doesn’t load for me unfortunately :frowning:

Oh, sorry about that! Let’s try this

3 Likes

Had some Jameson Black Barrel with a 1lb double cheeseburger using 1/2lb prime brisket steak patties and Hawaiian burger buns, fries and a couple jalapeno poppers. Definitely feel like I could sink into a food coma.

1 Like

Laphroaig 10yo… again.

2 Likes

Lagavulin 16 poured neat. My regular drink of choice. A nice peated single malt that’s not too expensive, but is very enjoyable. I have a couple others that I keep around for non-special occasion stuff, but the Lagavulin 16 is the one I reach for most often.

2 Likes

That’s a great one, too! For whatever reason, Lagavulin hasn’t been available anywhere in New Orleans lately, but I will keep on the lookout.

1 Like

Be ware 8.2% :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It actually comes and goes at some shops in my area (outside Los Angeles), but I mostly buy from this place near me that specializes in whiskeys and he does a great job keeping even much more rare and difficult to find stuff in stock. Especially if you buy from him regularly, he’ll go out of his way to make sure he’s always got your bottle on hand. For that service and his bottle recs his shop is priceless.

1 Like

This is what I am drinking tonight. In a frosty glass. Very nice…

2 Likes

I live just a short ride away from the Drakes Brewery Barrel House in San Leandro, but I gave never tried the Denoginnizer. Looks like I’m gonna need to change that. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Bavarian beer…Aged for 10 days in my fridge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::ok_hand:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Use a coaster god damnit! Thats blasphemy! :smiley:

You may notice that it’s not open yet. And I don’t like my rum pre-heated. :grin:

1 Like

Still…it COULD scratch the surface! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Drinking beer like a mad scientist :man_scientist::beers:

3 Likes

maybe a gin and tonic…if I can scrounge up enough change for the gin, otherwise just tonic and water, LoL!

1 Like

Good luck on your mission! :wink:

Spare Change GIFs | Tenor

This sounded good tonight

3 Likes