What are you drinking tonight?

Beer from a local brewery

2 Likes

Drinking an irish coffee with an extra splash of baileys. That 2nd shift life…

3 Likes

IPA weekend

2 Likes

Snow Day

6 Likes

Final spurt at work :partying_face:
Not that you could really call it work what I have done the whole day :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Happy Christmas break boys

5 Likes

Watching the Woodstock 99’ Documentary, wild

3 Likes

I am enjoying a cab right now that is surprisingly good.

These are pretty consistent but every so often you get one or two that are really good. This is one of those. A Christmas - happy circumstance! Teaming this up with a beautiful Wisconsin herb and garlic super Gouda and a wonderfully appropriate cracker. Outstanding. :+1:

3 Likes

Staying up late putting Christmas presents under the tree and stuffing stockings. Decided I’d break out something a little special for my uncle and I to enjoy while we play Santa.

Macallan 18 Double Cask:

This is a damn good glass. Plenty of smooth smoldering flavors with a long, refreshing finish that comes off incredibly clean. Stay tuned for the real special stuff for Christmas night. My girl’s father and I generally exchange Scotch as gifts and he has VERY good taste. I got him a pretty damn good bottle too and we normally share a few glasses post-Christmas dinner.

BTW, since it’s 1:30AM here I can officially wish you all a very merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, or just happy holidays! Cheers to that! :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::beers::santa::snowman::christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Christmas night and we’re finally sitting down to enjoy one of the bottles I was given, Glenfiddich 26 Year Grande Couronne. Aged in cognac casks and tucked away for 26 years until it’s just right and then they bottle up all that goodness. If anyone wants to know I’ll come back and let you know how it is.

Edit: Almost forgot…Cheers and Merry Christmas! :tumbler_glass::santa::christmas_tree::beers::sunglasses:

Edit 2: put up the wrong pic.

3 Likes

Time to switch it up

4 Likes

Got me some Lagavulin

5 Likes

A man after my own heart. Lagavulin 16 is my go to.

1 Like

Giving Johnnie Walker Black Label and Macallan 12 double cask a try.

Edit: first taste… Kinda like the Johnnie Walker more.
Had bought the little 50ml bottles to give them a try before buying the bigger bottles in case I didn’t like them.
Something about the initial taste of the Macallan just didn’t taste great. Yes, I’m drinking them straight at room temperature, no ice, no stones. It wasn’t as bad after the first sip, and was nice and smooth, just that first sip…

On an unrelated note, I do appreciate the glass bottle and cork stopper Macallan uses, even on this tiny bottle.

2 Likes

I am going to try this this evening,

it has been decanted and is airing as we speak! I think I am gonna like this one.

2 Likes

Black Label is a great blended scotch. It might even be my favorite of the common, affordable, easy to find blended bottles out there. Blended scotch gets ragged on by people in favor of single malt, but there are good blended bottles just as there are poor single malts. Black Label is always gonna be smooth because it’s a drinker’s Scotch. If it a little goes down easy, so does a lot as my uncle used to say! :wink:

Macallan makes a good Scotch, many actually, but their 12 y/o double cask does have a little more bite and alcohol burn before the toasted and spice notes come through, IMO. That’s why that first drink can hit you harder than you’d expect, but once you have the whole flavor pallette opened up it starts to go down much smoother. The finish on it is very clean and it doesn’t leave much behind which is likely my favorite part of the 12 double cask. You can drink it and move on to something else if you like without much in the way of lingering flavor.

1 Like

Another good blended one should be Monkey Shoulder, but I haven’t tried it yet

I had never heard of Monkey Shoulder before your post. Apparently, they can’t ship to the US right now and a couple of the shops online that they say can are sold out, but I eventually found a shop based in the UK that would ship it stateside so I’ll have a couple bottles of this waiting for me to try them when I get some time at home. Thanks for the rec! You can never have enough good bottles and my current collection is decidedly short on quality blends. :beers:

1 Like

I was under the assumption that it was readily available :smile:, at least it is over here. I’ve heard good things about it, I hope you enjoy it

2 Likes

It doesn’t explain why, but when you try to buy a bottle from their website directly it says they currently can’t ship directly to the US and they list three distributors that can. Two of those distributors are sold out and I couldn’t even find Monkey Shoulder on the third’s website, but a simple google search led me to another place that let me order and ship to the US with no issues. I grabbed two bottles so that I’ll have some around if I like it since it seems to be getting rare-ish for the US market.

Have you not tried it yourself?