What are your IEM highs of the (2020) šŸ˜¬?

Looking over this thread I see I havenā€™t posted my gets of the year. The rise of Japan-fi for me. Been really impressed with the EX800st and the FDX1. Looking forward to trying the Final A4000 to complete a Japan trifecta.

3 Likes

FDX1 gang! Love those things.

2 Likes
  1. Penon Volt

2. IER-Z1R

3. iBasso IT07

(4 & 5. MEST and DUNU SA6)

3 Likes
  1. Kbear Believe, absolutely great, even when compared to way more expensive iems.

2. Tri i3, they need a good amp and some well mastered music, but the tuning is just so good.

3. Blon bl 01, with a good source they feel like 90% of the starfields sound for 1/5 of the price.

3 Likes

Iā€™m slowly finding it harder and harder to convince people who are new to the audiophile in-ear world to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars when simple ā€œentry-levelā€ in-ears are of such quality.

Iā€™m just listening to Muddy Waters: My captain

My Captain

Everything happens ā€œoutsideā€ my head, no feeling of tight or annoying intensity ā€œinā€ my skull.

Apart from the initial small problems with the fit (these Tripowin TC-01s are really small),

which I was able to solve with a ā€œwasherā€ in front of the tips,

this in-ear is just good and, frankly, more fun than some Highly praised Thieaudio in the 700 - 800 ā‚¬ range.
These upper end models may sound ā€œtechnicallyā€ more precise, possibly even cleaner, but the question I keep asking myself with these plugs is:

Do they also pick me up personally?

The TC-01 do this without any question marks :exclamation:

I leave the detailed ā€œdisassemblyā€ of these plugs to the professionals here,

My judgment is; Tonally and emotionally, they catch you :star_struck: :+1:

10 Likes

Generally the blessing 2 dusk are the iems that made me use iems on the desktop over headphones, loving them lots exceeded expectations tbh ngl.

2 Likes

My LZ A7 have been a godsend.

Havenā€™t wanted to listen to anything else, having fun just changing tuning tips and listening to the differences.

4 Likes

Itā€™s still 2020 right?

6 Likes

Iā€™m frugal:

1. Shozy 1.4
  2. Shuoer Tape
  3. Blon 01

(Waiting for Mangird Tea).

3 Likes

Thereā€™s only really been two for this past year, so:

1. Moondrop Starfield
  2. Shuoer Tape Pro

Starfields I wholeheartedly love because of their comfort and balanced sound. The Tape Proā€™s are god-tier on some music and ohgodmyears on other music. I had to stop listening to Blauwgeel by All Shall Be Well with the Tape Pro, it just hurt my ears.

Ia this better than YBF-ISS014? Larger soundstage, meatier bass, clearer sound?

Doesnt have a beryllium DD, so I doubt it has better bass.

I just looked at your profile and the posts it contained.

I believe that I can read from this that your main search for IEMs should be a pronounced bass, a large stage and a relatively clear representation of the remaining tonal areas.

In view of my modest experience with one or two ChiFi headphones, I would like to recommend the IKKO OH-10 to you.

Because, according to what I was able to read in all your posts, it probably best suits your requirements.

If you donā€™t like the Fiio FH-3 at all, you wonā€™t really like the Urbanfun or the Tripowin.
They both have their qualities and both are absolutely to be recommended in their own way, I wouldnā€™t call any better or worse, but they are definitely not earphones for bass heads, and if you donā€™t like the Fiio, then these two are most likely not your thing.

As you can see, I have all the IEMs I mentioned myself, and a few more.

Not entirely unimportant when evaluating IEMs in particular is how they are wired, which tips are used and ultimately also how they are powered.

For this reason, out of ten different reviews, there are often 8 differing assessments of one and the same product.

Even I rate one or the other headphone or in-ear differently for myself, depending on the criteria listed above.

The synergy of the individual components is particularly important in the audiophile area when it comes to the final assessment of the sound quality.

In view of my own experience, I advise you to rely on your own hearing and to tune all the components of YOUR SOUND CHAIN ā€‹ā€‹for yourself.

11 Likes

Great photos!

New here, new to IEM. I like a robust bottom end, in my music, but dont call my wife thatā€¦ although I like some sparkle, but not too much like the cheap KZā€™sā€¦ interested in the communities thoughts on FH3 vs cheaper options TC01 or BL03 or YBF.

1 Like

This is what I can say to you if you are really in a budget, when in doubt, BLON BL03s. Just replace the ear tips and the cable of those bad boys and I swear you are going in sublime in no time for a I own a pair of myself. Just a very fun set of IEMs, itā€™s a bit similar to the T2s tuning which I also love but this one is fun like all-around music enjoyment while the Tin T2s are the same but more on the chill and relaxing side.

If I were you I would get 2 pairs, just in case IEMs like that have gone extinct and you will be one of the lucky ones to possess such a rare item in case that happens.

how much difference between FH3 and EA1, Im not finding much on EA1, suprised it doesnt have a hype train , Be driver at 30-40 bucks!!!

I mean, FH3 kills 03 and YBF for bass and a way more exciting, popping sound. Itā€™s a more enclosed sound, though. Havenā€™t heard TC01, but Iā€™d take YBF over 03 any day. YBF is the one to beat at that price, IMO. Also, YBF is the best for gaming here.

A shame their (urbanfun) reputation is as bad as it isā€¦

sorry to add on other thoughtsā€¦ since technology is similarā€¦ is FD1 or EA1 any good. This community seems to love FD5 and FH3. If the driver is similar or same in EA1 to FD5 Im not sure how this isnt in the conversation as a BL03 or YBF killer at $30 USD.

1 Like