What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Perhaps posts #4064-4065, 4067-4068, 4070-4077 be moved to its own amp thread?

lol we haven’t reached that far yet

you are 4022 to me

Uh, those don’t exist at the moment, right now it’s at 4023 lol

i’m pretty sure he’s basically talking about about me trying to decide what amp/dac to buy

1 Like

Odd. Thread numbers and URLs don’t match (mouse over the “1m/5m/10m” ago etc).
Anyway. Sorry for polluting the thread.

i already have a thread for figuring it out here… we can remove the posts about it

Just received a tiny SMSL SAP-1
(90$ technically “Class A” headphone amp – ah, curiosity).

12 Likes

Amps&sound pre-production model of the ZMF Pendant amp just arrived. Couldn’t tell you what tweaks she had done before she was released into the wild, but in the EXACT words of Justin from amps&sound, “She’s been doted on.” heehee :star_struck:

21 Likes

Man, that’s going to have me checking my order status 4 times per day, lol. I’d love to hear impressions after you get some time to break it in. :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, I am putting together a headphone rig for a very good friend of mine who just had his first kid, and I just ordered everything today. Key bits include:

Topping D50s
JDS Labs Atom
Schiit Mani

My objective was to give him a means for a little bit of respite from clean vinyl and digital paths without interrupting “nap times.” Also to spoil him mercilessly with good audio.

He’s got a turntable connected to a crap phono stage and nothing at all for headphones. The Mani will fix his vinyl path and the D50s will be a pristine digital source with the added convenience of wireless streaming. Got the D50s from Drop, so it will be a month+ before I see that.

5 Likes

I sure hope drop will hit the mark with shipping for your sake, because of the general slower shipping times with the pandemic going on right now.

1 Like

That’s not likely to be the troublesome part–the big deal will be shipping everything to my buddy in NZ. That’s slow and expensive in good times. Now? Well, at least the bright side is that, being a gift, everyone’s OK with “it gets there when it gets there.”

Picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Dirt 3.
After registering SOTTR, Square Enix gave me access to a digital copy of the soundtrack in both mp3 and WAV

5 Likes

dunno if the price is still there…but Titanfall 2 for PC was $3.50 on Origin as of yesterday.

3 Likes

2.99 right now for both editions

all good games

bought it like year ago for $13 fjsut to play the single player people are way too good at that game really hard for a siege player like me to get good due to how fast that game is

Battlefield 1 Revolution and Titanfall 2 Ultimate edition bundle for $9

1 Like

Edition XX

“in transit, arriving late” :frowning_face:

7 Likes

You all are a bad influence. Thank you!

12 Likes

that is a gorgeous amp! i hope you enjoy it :slightly_smiling_face: