What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Am I going crazy or is that a metal knob on the Atom?

1 Like

Probably is as it’s easy to replace.

1 Like

It’s a metal knob alright. The stock one was just too stubby and smooth for my liking. This one is longer and knurled.

1 Like

This is my face after reading the backlog of like 100 posts
circnoHappy

So much sweet gear… One day I’ll get there lol

12 Likes

You mean something like this: :flushed: :hushed:

I got my eye on that volume knob. sweet

1 Like

Your going to wait a few days for my impressions

Though Andrew Parks did a first impressions, later a review

3 Likes

I too, ordered a Modius today. I will be using it with my Lyr3.

5 Likes

Yup. :slight_smile:
Got this one on my Atom too. Exactly the same I think.
Available in multiple colors too.

2x Cordial CFM-VV 0,6
1x Cordial CFU-CC 1,5
Both are to reduce the jank under my desk a bit.

Also some lab leads and croc clamps (made by Hirschmann)

Parts for a project:

• Sunon MEC0381V1-0 (10W Mag-Lev fan)
  • Vibration dampener (top left)
  • 2x dust filters (they will form a V in the airstream for increased surface area)
  • 2x fan grill
  • 18 Ohm Resistor (the golden chunky boy)
  • Barrel socket
  • 18W PSU
  • 3-Position Switch (will either have the resisttor in series or direct PSU to fan, or off)
6 Likes

A BTR5 arrived :blush:

16 Likes

Have Focal Clears arriving a few days early (today), a Gilmore Lite Mk2 and a Lite DAC-AH (friday), and misc cable parts and a cmoybb kit arriving over the next week.

If I like meddling with the cmoybb kit, I’ll do some mods to the dac :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Ok. I was about to say, those are some mighty questionable looking speaker wires :rofl:

2 Likes

Dust fazors, for a less analytical / more musical fan noise? :wink:

1 Like

oh shit i totally thought that was a galaxy s9 or something like that lol. looks like my bro’s phone

As they are 60V 16A rated one could totaly use them for speaker cables though :smiley:
Nice flexible (colored) speaker cables (IIRC you can get them up to 5m/15ft) long

The fan while not loud from a server perspective, is not one I would stick into a workstation or desktop.
If interested, I can take some video of it and give a rough sound level measurement (in dB(c)).

1 Like

I’m glad to see more RebelAmps are becoming available. I love it and want everyone to hear it. It does need some ventilation space though.

1 Like

If you wish. I don’t think I caught what the intended project is here (if you shared it). In any case, I was mostly taking a jab at fazors, especially after @Hazi59 spelled out the upsides of his pre-fazor LCD-2s. Always up for seeing what people have to share.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine got married outdoors several years ago in summertime in a kilt. I joked with him at the time that I was going to get a fan like that and a battery pack to strap to his leg to keep things cool during the ceremony, lol. I’m going to guess you have something different in mind. :wink:

1 Like

Loki has landed!

17 Likes

Yes.

I have a bodged to gether hotglue, cardboard and salvaged fans from old computer PSUs (the ones with the 80mm or 92mm loud fans) thing to move solder fumes out the open window.
That bodge takes up my bench PSU, wich I need for the project I am working on.

This setup will either suck solder fumes through activated-coal filters or push it through a dryer hose out the window.

Alternative use: Dust filter.

2 Likes

“Fazors”, lol

3 Likes