What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Followingā€¦ I really like my Monoprice desktop but I keep seeing this, never heard an R2R

I can just say, that it is awesome, it is a bargin for the price and the NOS function elevates the output imo. A dac that can overdo this is a very expensive dac, so I am happy, this is an obvious steal and an easy recommendation.

1 Like

What are your previous three rounds? I threw a set of Electro Harmanix when I got mine and left it there. Heard a lot of good things about using Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z in the right side gain stage. Donā€™t want to start rolling now but curious as to your experience so far.

Likewise, Iā€™ve been eyeing the Ares II for awhile. Ready to move on from the SDAC-B and try something new.

2 Likes

Very nice! :+1:
The Ares II is the only DAC that every time I see it, I think, ā€œI want that!ā€

Please feel free to express your thoughts and opinions on this little fella. :grin:

3 Likes

put my response here :+1:

Finally got around to building one of my av shelves

11 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

I feel like this is a bassy combo. image

Edit: bassy for aeon2closed. Not bassy for focal clear.

18 Likes

I am starting to think I should have bought an Ares II instead of the Schiit Bifrost 2. Schiit took my money but does not even reply to any emails about my order, which I placed a month ago. Very disappointingā€¦

1 Like

Enjoy the CTH - itā€™s a very satisfying amp. :+1:

2 Likes

Anything I can do to help! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Blue Jeans cable arrived today (the cable on the right in the pic). Blue Belden flex digital coax 1/8" TS to RCA to replace the cheapie shown on the left for connecting a DAP to a DAC. It was 5 times the cost, but I think itā€™s probably worth it. This thing is more of a hose than a cable - a serious, quality piece of hardware!

13 Likes

what dac where you using before?

I forget which email you have to contact, but thereā€™s an email that seems to get no responce and then another that gets a pretty much immediate responce. See if you can find a different email to try.

1 Like

Well, I get to test out these lovely speakers with movies, as I have rented A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and Midway.
In other news, thanks to the Steam Summer Sale, I snagged Fable Anneversery. Then Square Enix is having a sale in which I picked up Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Finally, I decided to take advantage of a free trial to Tidal, soā€¦ Fuck it.

4 Likes

Oh my Lordā€¦ nice cable but that website isā€¦ wow. lol, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen a working business website like that since 1998.

3 Likes

Youā€™re being too harsh. More like 1999.

1 Like

Yes Mankind Divided is a great game, Really sad it did not sale as well as they wantedā€¦now the series is on a bit of a hiatus. Deus Ex is such a unique series and Iā€™m super happy that Cyberpunk 2077 might make that type of game/aestethic more mainstream.

I also just bought a game from the steam sale, Nioh Ultimate Edition. Been after a sale on this game for a long time and they finally had it for 50% off! gonna play the heck out of it sometime soon in anticipation for the sequel to get ported over to Steam.

That is not goodā€¦
Vinshines have been very easy to buy from and very service minded. Update emails and they took care of the VAT for taking a product into the EU.
It even arrived VERY fast after they shipped it, almost same speed as ZMF.

On top of that I really like the Ares ii. It really shows how a good Dac can change your music quality upwards.

3 Likes