2 Likes

And now “core” means by judges ruling:

• Fetch Unit
  • Decoder
  • Int-Scheduler
  • FP-Scheduler
  • FMAC
  • MMX

All because AMD did not have the time to fight that idiotic claim…
So ARM or Power based CPUs don’t have cores, have fun sueing!

3 Likes

hey nice!!! that’s very cool! lol both of us gonna get them sundaras. mine should arrive in 3 days or so. hopefully

1 Like

actually i’ll probably just get a dragonfly red or a hipdac because i dont need DSD and just need up to 96K, good detailed but warm sound, and MQA support

Bought a pair of matched 1959 ish Sylvania 6922 D getter tubes for my liquid platinum. Let the rolling begin.

4 Likes

I think they are fucking great, aside two minor flaws. They don’t have much sound stage, and imaging could be a bit better. I went through a slew of songs (listed below) and the intro sequence for Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Apocalyptica - Cold Blood
Ark Patrol - At All (ft. Veronika Redd)
Ark Patrol - Escape (ft. Dooqu)
Ark Patrol - Primo
B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head
Besomorph - Redemption (Ft. Coopex & Riell)
Besomorph - Who Am I (Ft. Riell)
Besomorph - Out of Sight (Ft. N3WPORT & Anna Pancaldi)
Besomorph - Origin (Ft. Neoni)
Biometrix - Beg Me (Ft. Eben & Riell)
Charles Bradley - Changes
Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me
Frank Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words)
Frank Sinatra - My Way
Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight
Galdive - 5 AM
Jim Yosef - Hate You (Ft. Riell)
La Felix - Real Thing
Lemaitre - Closer
Lemaitre - Nishio 2
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Minmi - Shiki No Uta (Tribute to Samurai Champloo) Japanese Version
Bullmark - Spineless Funk
potsu - sunny
Three Dog Night - Joy to the World
Volbeat - Still Counting
Volbeat - A Warrior’s Call
Volbeat - I Only Wanna Be With You
Willie Nelson - On the Road Again
Y.A.S - Empty Crown
Oh, I would also prefer they be mmcx rather then 2-pin, but I can live. Last thing, I think the case is a bit small.

4 Likes

Fully agree about the soundstage and imaging. Though I don’t mind the 2-pin in stead of mmcx, but that couldn’t because I’ve made a mmcx connector die on me but not yet a 2-pin. Got the golden Zonie cable for them this week but don’t really like the match tbh.

5 Likes

Can’t say I’m fond of the color clash.
Personally, I find myself more concerned about bending or breaking the pins more then I am about killing an mmcx connector. I’m curious as to if they get any better when run balanced though

Let us know if you have tried them balanced, I’d like to know as well (but don’t have balanced source gear or cables).

Beyerdynamic T1 (Gen 2 “Ninja Edition,” aka black colorway). Should be here within the week to join my DT 1990s, which should be here tomorrow.

One of the two will likely be the headphone of choice for my upcoming run through Alien: Isolation.

3 Likes

Damn. I didn’t think I would actually win this (my bid was few dollars higher). This is a good price, but I was somewhat concerned about the previous owner(s) handling of them. Focal headphones are pretty durable aren’t they?

13 Likes

Cool. I just bought four Aperex tubes for my incoming Platinum. Where did you buy from?

Aliexpress is the place to look for good cables with good colors. I can PM you some that would go really well with the Starfield. :wink:

A Canadian eBay seller. 200 usd shipped. Think he has another pair if you want the listing.

Yeah maybe I should’ve looked further. I ordered these along with the Blon BL-03, but I ended up cancelling the Blons but keeping this because I already had the Starfields on the way. I have the silver/grey ones with mmcx connectors which I really like. The cable is really nice I think, too bad this one’s a bit ugly :stuck_out_tongue:. Please do PM me if you have nice one’s, I’ll throw them in my wishlist for when I order on AE again.

Thanks, but that’s a little high for me. I may end up going there eventually, but for now I am just testing affordable. I got four for $100.00 from a guy on CAM.

I am sure I will be trying more as time goes on.

Congratulations. I’ve really only ever heard of Elex issues, primarily as new purchases, having some QC issues, but not so much with the Clears. They are pretty damn sturdy, so other than possibly greasy pads I think you’ll probably be ok.

1 Like

Thanks that’s good to know. Hopefully the pads are fine. Apparently new pads for the Clear’s are $200!?. If I had to pay that much, it wouldn’t be worth it.

Bluesound node 2i (digital is infiltrating my life)

5 Likes

that’s a pretty happy accident lol pretty sweet deal

1 Like