What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Well you’ll appreciate them more so when they arrive. :+1:t4:

Enjoy, my friend.

1 Like

Wow fancy. i didnt know they gave all that with it. pretty cool. I found if i tape the headband in place with some packing tape it doesnt pull my hair and i dont have to adjust it all the time.

How much did they cost?

Wow i just saw they got these wireless now for 80$

I have had horrible luck with IEMs to the point where I have given up on them. I do have the wireless Apple ear buds for listening to music in bed. I have the Tin T2 and I’ve never been able to get it to seal without pushing it so far down into my ear & holding it there, but it quickly will push its way right back out. Not to mention I feel they sound horrible (probably because I can’t make them seal properly) and they hurt.

I’ve been seeing all the hype over these Moondrop Starfield IEMs for only 110 bucks and decided I wanted to hear what all the fuss was about, knowing that they wouldn’t work for me and that I would be returning them as soon as I received them. I listened to these all last night and loved their sound. The fit with the Silicone tips wasn’t perfect but it wasn’t bad. I’ve gotten ear infections from other in-ear monitors. So far so good. I plan to keep these and hunt for tips that isolate and improve comfort. The Starfield must be a fairly amazing IEM to make me want to keep it.

EDIT: Thanks for all the recommendations guys! I’ve ordered some Symbio, Dekoni and Comply tips today. I really appreciate the help.

25 Likes

Both amp and headphones have arrived in the last day. Now just gotta burn them both in :slight_smile:

Now just waiting on the balanced cable.

12 Likes

Welcome to the club! I use symbio tips, since replacing foams gets expensive…

3 Likes

Who did you order the cable from?

I still love the blacked out RNHP. Let’s call it the Wade Wilson LTD Amp?

3 Likes

One from Hart Audio (which will be here in like a month or two, cause delays RIP), and this guy from amazon who gets here sunday.

1 Like

Love my Hart Audio cables. Only package I’m waiting on to ship is one from him, but thats okay. Bet I will see it before I see the keyboard shipping from fucking China…

2 Likes

Nice I hope you enjoy them :smiley: Tips can be a right pain and can make or break the sound of any IEM…maybe try some

https://symbioeartips.com

These are sort of a hybrid between silicon and foamies, I use them sometimes depending on the IEM :+1:

If I wanted to pick up some Symbio tips, would you suggest the Symbio W tips with the Starfield. I don’t know if they will fit properly. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

I use the w’s but with all tips it’s personal that’s why I hate rec’ing them lol

Well, I appreciate the help and recommendation. Can’t get the Symbio tips from Amazon?

That amp looks so tiny on their website, but when you see pictures like this, massive is a better word :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I can’t get them either on Amazon UK…got mine from a UK online headphone and HiFi store.

1 Like

So you’re the one who beat me to the punch, congratulations! :wink:

Can you elaborate on your impressions of the 177x Go’s? I wanted to try them because I also get some harsh treble/sibilance from my DT 770’s and thought they would be better. Have you used them for music as well as gaming at all?

And yeah @db_Cooper seems like a solid dude!

1 Like

Lmao, I get that. I actually thought it was gonna be even bigger than it is :stuck_out_tongue:. The box it came in was massive. Turns out I got pranked, lots of packing paper surrounding the actual box.

This thing + PM-50s is fucking addicting. I feel like I need to try out other headphones on it, but I just don’t want to (and the tubes are very much so not burned in). <3

1 Like

Those are the tips I use

how do you like the clear? how much did you get it for?

1 Like

I’d like to use it with my RNHP. That stack will look super sciency

2 Likes