What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Thank you very much !! And yes the settings are based on his of course, I posted today under his video and thanked him because it really helped.

1 Like

Awesome. Glad you’re enjoying them. :+1:t4:

1 Like

I saw the P6 no longer uses the Burr Brown chips. I’d have gone with the P5 too

2 Likes

Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2
Blades of TIme: Limited Edition
Batman: Arkham Origins
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY

5 Likes

just sent a pair of 1911’s to Wilson Combat for a complete overhaul. Been looking to pick up another one but sadly all local gun shops are closed at this time.

7 Likes

Case for hiby r6 pro and case for porta pros. The Koss case is $30, this is $8.

Edit: here’s the link if anyone is interested.

Geekria UltraShell Case for Koss PortaPro PP Headphone Hard Shell Carrying Case/Travel Bag with Space for Cable, Parts and Accessories https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A7NC5Z8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qeeTEbX53PQZG

7 Likes

Blon Bl 06…

Ok its actually 2 x Blon Bl 03’s. I bought one last week and then got another one in the post today for some reason.

1 Like

The hardshell that came included with my Porta pros are $14 off the koss website plus 15% off if it’s your first order

6 Likes

that’s actually a great case. i really like it. how big is it?

Big enough to fit a folded up Porta pro

6 Likes

They’re here!

13 Likes

Waiting for a sale on them but next on the list for me would love your impressions

3 Likes

Damn you… At least payday(s) are next week…

1 Like

Let me know what you think

1 Like

Been listening for about 20min now… Listened to a few songs on the stock pads and then switched to the other pads which are slightly smaller and are said to increase the bass response.

So far they are exactly what I wanted. HUGE bass / mid-bass response. Fun. Not “accurate” nor “analytical” at all and I don’t care. Using these to listen to the following songs:

Joe Satriani - Motorcycle Driver
White Zombie - More Human Than Human
The Midnight - Nocturnal
Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn
Small Black - Despicable Dogs (Washed Out Remix)

On “Nocturnal” @ 1:18 - I can almost feel the cans shaking on my head and I fucking love it lol. Bass and mid-bass are taking over the song(s) - treble is there but recessed (pleasant for me because some songs on my DT770 Pro’s were causing me to squint due to some harshness - I guess I’m one of the people that are a little sensitive to that).

The pads are plush and comfortable but I can already tell they may get hot after a while. I’m also surprised at how small the cups are - they’re not an “on-ear” headphone but they feel close, maybe I’m just used to my DT770’s engulfing my ears.

Overall I wanted a bass-heavy headphone to compliment my 6XX’s (which have the best mids I’ve ever heard but wanted a little more oomph out of the bass) and I got it. Very happy with these so far - if I want to turn on a song and feel like I’m at a rock concert standing next to the speakers these will be the go-to’s.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I’m going from PC --> Grace SDAC --> JDS Labs Atom --> 99 Noirs. Haven’t tested on other sources yet.

4 Likes

The third party version @Rhodey linked is less… Don’t know if a first party version would be enough to get me to pay the extra ~$3.35

2 Likes

Looking forward to trying these out.

18 Likes

Love my pair, and would love to hear what you think

1 Like

So far,
pros: they sound amazing
cons: only 20 mins in and my gf is already complaining that it’s too loud.
def still keeping them tho…

7 Likes

Exactly what is needed in my collection

1 Like