What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Got my audio technica bpsh 2c condenser mic headset (its functionally the same as the gaming headset from that unboxing video but it terminates in an xlr and single ended

1 Like

Just purchased an Open Box HD660S for $204 after tax and shipping! Put in a low ball offer expecting no response lol. Guess it works out sometimes! Now I have to sell my back-up pair of Massdrop Plus Universals, my BLON BL-03, Noble Velvet and Koss Porta Pro X with Yaxi so I can keep them haha

3 Likes

Just got this in. I couldn’t be happier. Really loving them. First impressions they’re amazing. Spent a lot of time reading and asked a few questions. Thanks to everyone on here really appreciate the help!

9 Likes

I’m listening to the heresy right now, I’m impressed so far.

1 Like

What is the sound signature of those? I am hoping they have like a Balanced sound or Neutral. Also you can never go wrong with the Beyers, they are legit good.

For my first actual Amp. They’re really nice. I don’t really have anything to compare it to right now but i do plan on getting an Asgard 3 with the MB Dac in it. But for right now i can’t complain. Really glad i picked it up.

1 Like

So far I’m using the analytical pads and the sound signature to me seems relatively neutral. I’ve been trying to compare them to my other headphones that i own. They’re not as neutral as my Ad900x’s but the 1900’s definitely more brighter to me. A lot more full too because the 900x’s are lacking in the low end department. They’re a lot more fun and what everyone says about the detail is very true. I can’t get over how I can hear the smallest details. These are my first pair of Beyer’s and i can say that i’m looking forward to what they’re going to come out with in the future.

1 Like

I see, well some folks have told me that I should consider getting the DT 880s the 250Ohms versions since it has been said according to some, neutral in sound signature. If I will ever get the chance to buy the DT 880s, those are going to be my first official high-end cans that I have earned.

I’m treble sensitive, so I disagree. :stuck_out_tongue:
DT 177X Go looks like they could be endgame stuff though.

1 Like

Understandable, but hey as long as it’s not treble murder cans I can tolerate those with emphasis on treble. Though for a safer bet, Neutral for me is the best option.

Yeah, I’m listening to the DT880 600ohm right now and I had to turn on the EQ. The treble can be too much for sure sometimes on certain songs.

Let’s hope that burn-in will quell the highs!

(Also, twisting the headband a bit for a decent “seal” around the ears could help, and if everything fails, crushing the pads by leaving the headphones on a yoga block for a few hours.)

…or, yes, use an EQ. But I prefer fixing my headphones “once and for all and for everything I can plug them in”.

whoa! 70’s man! wait… nirvana?

Definitely 70’s for the Bowie & Sex Pistols. But the Floyd is from 1988 and Nevermind is 1991. Right in my wheelhouse!

Love the song Kooks off of Hunky Dory. Great track to send to a couple expecting a baby.

Received the d50s and I really like it, having bluetooth from my phone without quality loss is awesome (ldac’s bitrate is so ridiculously high there’s no way I can notice it)

It stacks nicely on top of my atom and the best is that the stack fits snuggly underneath my monitor. Oh and it got rid of the static noises I had with the fulla 2 at high volume, I cannot hear anything at max on high gain with silence.

I SHOULD have had the koss 95x arrive, but dude to canada post trolling me, they forgot to leave the card and my mother didn’t know how to claim the package without it so now I have to wait to tonight :frowning:

4 Likes

Well, hopefully the 95x is worth the wait lol

The INAIR tips are indeed very sticky. So much so that mine are starting to fall apart even just after a few days of use. They create an incredible seal, but the mediums and large are too big for me, so they give you that little bit of irritation in the ear. Small fit me the best, but due to the sticky surface, they tend to grab at the ear-canal and almost shave off the foam from the inner tube.

Once they’ve warmed up they’re also too flexible. Making them return to their original shape super fast. I like the seal, but I’m not sold on the durability. They also cost a metric fuckton for just 3 pairs. Which makes me laugh when Newbee delivers 6 pairs, in a super practical plastic case, for half the damn money of one thin paper package that had the tips squished against an instruction paper, no protection at all from anything.

I may shit on them a bit too hard. But they’re too expensive for what they actually deliver. Even if they sound great on my BL-03, I still prefer Newbee’s small memory foam tips.

1 Like

Just got the trial of Amazon Music HD. Eager to spend some time with it!

5 Likes

niceeeeeeeeeeeee, buying new music is always nice. I hope to eventually buy the Steve Lacy and Kishi bashi vinyl. Specifically Sonderlust and Apollo xxi

1 Like