What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Aune X8 finally showed up today!

20 Likes

I received my 4XX’s today, thankfully shipping wasn’t too long, so I’m still testing and letting them burn in a little, but I love these things so far.

Overall, happy boy, definitely worth it imo.

5 Likes

I think you may be on to something. I thought I could hear a difference in cables with my Nighthawk, where I actually preferred the sound of the stock cable, it seemed to somehow be possibly more musical and full? Colored? Idk lol. Plus you got some pretty great amps you are using for them, so maybe that helps too?

Simaudio’s Moon 430HA is a beast of an amp.

Nothing much just a few things to get rdy for when I build my new desk and improve a few things. Plus ive been dying to try these Ear cushions, got told they aint headphones xD

11 Likes

Not sure what you’re using that dp to hdmi cable for but for some reason there’s a hard lock of 1920x1200 on it.

Got to give my borrowed 1080 back and get my 980 back and Id like to keep my tv plugged into pc but thag card only has 1 hdmi port so my 1920x1080 monitor will use that cable. :smiley: but thanks for heads up.

Not sure if i would say that i “bought” this, but i did get a custom cable made by my boi @FBizzle. Heart cables, get outtta da way. Feels great, looks great and it looks very nice on the Elex

22 Likes

@FBizzle did a damn fine job too… beautiful cable…

5 Likes

Yeah, looks crazy good and Def feels good. Just super premium, softer than my pillow too lol

4 Likes

Yeah i would like to get into better quality cables for my headphones. but i dont want to pay so much for them. they got cables that are 100$ 200$ 300$ lol. And they claim all kinds of stuff about them. saying they give stage, bass, detail, warmth. idk lol

But i was talking to this guy on Zeos chat, hes experienced and very knowledgeable and he recommended better cables for the Elex and people where saying it sounded much better with them.

check out these cables

https://www.moon-audio.com/dragon-audio-cables.html

I mean, I know people who have such high-end speaker setups that different cables actually can do different things, but often there’s no telling what they will do.

15 Likes

Six weeks later, I got my balanced cable from Periapt. It is navy blue and for my Fostex TH-610’s.

13 Likes

There is just no way I can justify paying $300 for a cable… $60 maybe, but 200+? Nah… I can get a brand new, nice headphone for that price. I could even get a Helios!

1 Like

Yeah , thats why i’m looking for high quality cheap cables lol. The 30$ monoprice looked good.

That would be wise lol

1 Like

And proceed to bleed from the ears cause trebleeeeeeeee

But yea. $300 for a cable is over the top. At that price just build your own with nice materials.

1 Like

I’m thinking seriously of doing just that.

1 Like

Why you gotta do him like that :joy: :joy:

I wish I was more of a DIY guy, but I feel like I would almost certainly fuck it up if I tried to build my own cable(s)

1 Like

BTW treble on the Helios is awesome. its high but not painfull at all. not as bad as the Beyers, or Fostex rp’s I think they hit it just right. unless your really treble sensitive

I’m recruiting for the Helios gang if you guys are interested

1 Like