What did you buy today? (Part 1)

That’ll be a hard pass from me, thanks though.

Hell yea. I’ve already mucked it up a bunch. Prepping to buy more expensive mats to build with. Gotta fuck it up enough times to learn better.

1 Like

I am slowly building an actual music collection again (not just streaming playlists). I buy things I think are worth owning and then I create lossless rips of the CDs and keep them safely in storage just in case I need a backup. I’m also holding out hope that I’ll run across a sweet deal on a high caliber CD player one of these days. I pick up almost everything from secondhand stores or used off eBay. This was my haul from the local thrift stores today. Paid $1 each.

13 Likes

just bought this and am now preloading for later this week! Took a 7 year wait, but I’m so ready to continue this emotional nightmare of a story. Been a while since I’ve been looking forward to a game this much…

oh and I also bought a Tripowin 4.4 balanced cable for my Starfield

7 Likes

AliExpress lost the first shipment, so DHL was trusted with the second which arrived today.
An XLR cable and a 6.35mm cable, cobber balanced (XLR) 16 Core 99% 7N OCC cables. Not the same feel-good feeling like with my Forza cable, but it is also 1/3 of the price. I am happy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Speaking of cables. I just received my order from Hart Audio to fill in some blanks I had with Periapt. It’s the first time I’ve got them and on initial impressions they are very nice. Good build, nice cable material and I like the interconnect option.

17 Likes

I don’t play video games but I love the lore and story of The Last Of Us.

2 Likes

I’m looking at Aliexpress cables for my Focal Elegia. Which ones are these? (Because they look pretty sweet.)

That cable goes good with your copper Aeolus. what wood is that? Ebony?

These are for Audeze LCD, ZMF etc., but you can switch to other HP’s.
Here is a link to where I got mine.

4 Likes

It is African Blackwood, they look awesome IRL and polished and with the right light, it is one of the best wood types I have seen.

3 Likes

I just scored me a near mint nonfazor LCD-2 for $620 on Ebay. Hopefully M0N is right about nonfazor being the way to go

10 Likes

Damn that is a beautiful cable! I’m going to need step up my cable game later this year…

1 Like

what was the approx cost of that entire setup ?

Pretty happy these arrived, enjoying them.

19 Likes

Word…

17 Likes

Sweet! I was looking at that exact cable with a dual 3.5mm for Focal terminated in 4.4mm to use with my Hip Dac. So you like the cable? And you have experience with nicer stuff like Forza? Buying from Aliexpress is interesting because it’s sometimes hard to find someone to give you a first hand opinion, so this is great timing!

Congrats on these :beers:… I was just asking the seller if they were pre fazor then they were gone lol

1 Like

Lol, Are you looking for a prefazor version as well? I knew they wouldn’t be around for too long so I jumped on them

Yeah I’m on the hunt. I had a back and forth with m0n about lcd2’s awhile back and also how hazi talks about them makes me think it’s the audeze for me :+1: look forward to your thoughts as well

I buy cables on AliExpress without any troubles; they are usualy of high quality, if you look around a bit. There is thrash to buy as well, but these are very very nice and not with all the bling some manufactors put on their cables.
The two cables I got today are great for the price. $70 for a 16 Core 99% 7N OCC cobber cable is fair.

Forza is my favourite cable brand, due to very high quality and a relative compettitve price. If I had the money, I would only buy Forza and Matt at Forza is easy to deal with. Also as I only buy cables for the looks, so I have a limit around $300 as my max. The TOTL headphones deserve nice cables and I enjoy my ZMF cans more with a great cable.

Here is my Forza cable for ZMF cans.

13 Likes