What did you buy today? (Part 1)

What do you like about them sound wise (besides volume)?

It was a little hard evaluating them in such a large space. In a word, I would say they where clean. The highs where bright and clear without being overly sharp*. The mids and vocals maintained their presence without being shouty, recessed, or… I’m struggling to find the words to describe it. I wanna say overbearing, but I’m not sure that’s it. As for the bass, again with such a large space, it made things a bit difficult to evaluate. I can agree with Zeos about them being astonishingly good at imaging, even at off axis, as the audio didn’t change much till I was either directly to the side of them or behind.
*This one pointed that one out particularly well:

Am I making sense?

Got these for christmas.
They are nice.

The pads are actually alright, will probably replace them anyway.
And the cables. One is flexible but too short, the other is a long mess…

2 Likes

Got these for fun from my good lady today for my Bday :+1: sorry I can’t load it with sound as I had to turn it into a gif to post it :grimacing:

Bday%202

6 Likes

Don’t forget the “mandatory” switch to Shure 840 pads to change these from treble monsters to bass monsters. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted those freaking cans always, like I want those as my first set of open backs but alas they are not available here. So all I can do is to buy some cans that will satisfy my needs overall and an open back set that I am looking for. Good buy btw.

Oh shit happy birthday! Nice looking speakers? Lol. How’s the sound haha?

Cheers mate…Not a great sound tbh will need a lot of eq’ing or some heavy mods lol …twas just for fun and they did make me smile, we can’t wait till it gets dark over here to see what they look like then :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah haha, they will shine at night. And its fine haha, as long as the music is good enough shitty gear can sound good

1 Like

You should think about sending them in to be converted into argons

1. No
  2. International shipping

What do you think about them on your emotiva? Also I agree Shure pads might be a good choice

Without proper power it sounds “empty”, definetly needed.

Mods wise, this thread you can probably guess where it is going.
Current parts for modding are as follows:

• Neutrik NP3 X-B (1/4" jack)
  • Neutrik NTP3 RC-B (angled 3/8" jack)
  • SommerCable SC Stage 22 Highflex
  • Cordial CMK 222 Flex (because I am not sure which cable will be nicer, and price per meter is almost the same)
  • Shure HPAEC1540
  • AKG Foam Pieces (the ones found in the K-270 to reduce treble)
2 Likes

those look really cool. what are they called? where can you buy them?

Welp, just ordered a few things:

Just one more thing to get… That damn monitor.

2 Likes

The Q2U is pretty great for the price, a real snowball killer lol

Yep. Now I get to try and figure out how I wanna transport the graphics card from Texas to Maine… Pay for shipping, or take the different risk of very carefully packing it and bringing it with me on my flight back.

3 Likes

Stick it in a pelican case and ship that.

Don’t exactly have one.

I would pack it carefully and take it with me in my carry on. Cause it’s that important :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like