What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I’m thinking put it in a ESD bag, then in a the plastic packing bag that a shirt came in ~a week ago, make sure they are both taped shut, packed in a carry on surrounded by clothes.

2 Likes

Sounds perfect to me :slight_smile: esd bag is a nice touch. I usually don’t have those available…

…I just hope someone at the airport doesn’t think it’s drugs or a bomb and decides to open everything. :no_mouth:

lol i wish i could say no way…but who knows if the security personnel know what a gpu looks like…

I got pulled aside at the airport for having my idsd micro bl on me and I almost missed my flight, but to be fair under an xray that would look pretty fishy

3 Likes

lmao…what did they think it was??? its literally generic electronics…

A bomb or something probably idk, I don’t bring it with me on planes anymore lol

1 Like

You said the b word, now the fbi is gonna be looking at all our posts and opening up our packages and stalling fed ex deliveries : (

2 Likes

lmao i would keep bringing it anyway on principle. one day the masses will be educated. one way or another…

It’s just going to get confiscated one of the times and I will get nothing from it lol, not worth

that depresses me to no end…good thing i just found a site with a bunch of free flacs! of music i like!

2 Likes

Obligatory “we do not encourage this behavior” (but seriously you can get a lossless streaming service for pretty cheap these days)

2 Likes

I don’t encourage this behavior either – because you don’t know if these flacs are legit or are just Pink-floyd-mp3.flac :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

lets just say i listened to a song i have in 320. at least that one was legit

on that note, recommendations for services?

Welllll that should be easy to tell by ear, but still don’t do it lol

1 Like

I believe the only streaming services with CD-quality audio (or more) are Qobuz and Tidal (oh, and, what’s it called, Amazon HD? That’s a new one.)
I don’t even know if Spotify goes beyond 320kbps mp3 quality (or something like that).

Yeah spotify isn’t there yet, but qobuz, tidal, and amazon hd are pretty great if you want to get lossless for a good price (but the whole tidal mqa thing I am not a fan of)

and which is your favorite?

I don’t use streaming services lol, so I can’t give you a good answer. If I did decide to use one it would either be qobuz or amazon hd, not the biggest fan of tidal mqa

1 Like

I heard here in the forums that Amazon HD sounds better, or at least has a ton of stuff, including a ton of less-known stuff (K-pop etc)… and Qobuz is like 24/192 but with way, way less choice.

1 Like