What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Well I’ve got 30 days of free Amazon n hd to play with now so I’ll let you know what I think

2 Likes

Guys I need your opinion, I am not buying this anytime soon but I am choosing between the Beyerdynamic DT 880 or the Philips SHP 9500. I don’t mind not being able to buy either of them anytime soon but I just want to know which one would be a better option for me all-around wise, thank you and I appreciate the opinions you guys have.

The Beyer for sure imo (no contest in my mind). What ohm are you thinking?

I did a review comparison here. i felt Qobuz had the best sound:

2 Likes

I don’t think she got them from Amazon but they do similar :+1:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=light+show+speakers&crid=3151QQWWI24P5&sprefix=light+show+see%2Caps%2C201&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_14

I don’t, but there’s a small computer repair shop near my grandparents that may have an extra laying around or may sell some, or I could see about snagging an extra at work… If we can spare one, that is.

After a long thought and because of my very good experience with my CA Andromeda, I pulled the trigger for this pearls today before they are also sold out here in Germany.
I listende to them as a trial in October and was completely thrilled, now its time that I could not resist :grin:

Ultimately I owe this Andromeda’s my metamorphosis from a headphone enthusiast to an in-ear freak.

At that time I was thinking about a good pair of closed back headphones and with a direct hearing comparison I immediately decided for the andromeda’s without hesitation.

The choices were the Focal Stellia, the Sennheiser HD820, the MrSpeakers CX, the Denon AH-D9200 and the ZMF Verite´ Closed.

And the winner was … an in-ear :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

Maybe because it doesn’t destroy the hairstyle :rofl:

5 Likes

the 250Ohms one, since I have heard those are better than the 32Ohms. Also my current AMP can only drive with those Ohms like that, not sure about the higher Ohm version.

Yeah, I would stick to 250 ohm just to be safe :+1:

1 Like

sometimes i want to shave my head, just go bald and never have my headphones destroy my hair style again

1 Like

Lol personally I would have picked the Andros over the stellia, ether cx, and hd820 as well, the gold are pretty awesome :+1:

Just ordered an SPL Phonitor e…

5 Likes

Please do let us know what you think.

1 Like

Ooo very curious to see your thoughts lol. Had a taste of the rnhp and now you want more lol

1 Like

#BlameM0N!!

Either way is probably fine. That card gets packed in foam by the manufacturer and then FedEx throws is up against a wall several times before it gets to most consumers.

F… me
The Phonitor xe is #1 on my amp list, so I find this a very good choice!
I have realized, I don’t need the rnhp and might as welll go directly for the good stuff. What colour did you get?

I got the red one headphones.com had listed they were selling off, which was apparently one of their demo/review units.
And yeah… $1099 flat and I’m still well within the return policy of the RNHP… so I figure I could have something a bit higher-end that could potentially drive most future headphone purchases and sound great.

3 Likes

Red is also my choice :wink:
Wow $1099 is a great price, that is a clear no-brainer.

1 Like

Knocks at door
“Have you heard about our lord and saviour, the 99$ JDS Labs Atom?”

Just kidding, but holy shit 1100$ for an amp lol. Enjoy!

2 Likes