What did you buy today? (Part 1)

BNC is the RCA that pulls equipment of the workbench. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yup! …:laughing:

Jelly, looking forward to this

1 Like

Just bought this today:

The ESS 422H headphone! Its got a AMT driver in it combined with a dynamic driver. so its a hybrid. I remember this guy on Zeos chat bought one and really loved it. Zeos reviewed it and liked it. cant wait >.<

5 Likes

Can’t stop, love em.

27 Likes

that is so cool!!!

1 Like

Ty ty sir… my dad had jukeboxes my whole life grew up wotkin on em can not stop collecting em

3 Likes

17 Likes

Just received Gold Planar GL1000. So far I really like it. I ordered this headphone directly from Mainland China Taobao.

10 Likes

What does it sound like?

1 Like

Funny enough it reminds me of Monoprice M1570, but soundstage wise, it is narrower than the M1570 and a little bit less detailed. I think this headphone is worth its price. I paid for RMB 2100 or around USD 300. I chose the 4.4mm pentaconn cable upgrade. Without it, the headphone is priced at RMB 1800 or around USD 256.

Well done Sherlock:)
The headphone company in Heidelberg is absolutely amazing!
Never ever did I meet such an passionated Team! The owner is super nice and increasingly well educated and honest. The rest of his team is super friendly as well… they really are a joy to be around. Especially considering that they are a German-Company - and Germany often still has a „different“ approach to customer service that US-Companys.

So if anybody lives in Germany and is near Heidelberg, definitely check them out. But call them bevor coming by. There opening owners are… flexible.

3 Likes

So my mini stack finally has a rebel in family.

27 Likes

Isnt the M1570 dark? is the GL1000 a dark headphone?

Adult toy’s and cooling/breathing underwear. :grin:

1 Like

I won’t consider it as a dark headphone per se (the GL1000). It certainly does have the oomph in the bass region, but it’s not overpowering or making the sound muddy. To my ear, I would describe this headphone to be u-shaped. You certainly notice something is recessed in the mids, but I think it is not too dramatic. Hope it helps :smiley:. I’m not the best at describing sound.

1 Like

Its U-shaped?! oooh man, thats the magic word. And narrow soundstage :smiley: But i think i’ll wait till its sold in america and we get some reviews. i’d like to see a frequency chart

1 Like

So are you enjoying the hd 660s ?

I am. I posted some thoughts in the HD660’s thread. I am also using them all day, today.

For my new Vinyl listening room, I ordered a Pioneer SX-10AE receiver and a pair of pioneer sp-bs22-lr speakers. I’ve heard they’re both trusted and affordable.

I plan on either getting a polk subwoofer at some point but I definitely want to see how the new system sounds without it when they get here in a week.

6 Likes