What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Nice wrap on the rnhp.

3 Likes

Thanks, this also showed up today, but I had one in the past and decided I need to just have one, but fix it. So Its fixed. Might need a bit more dimming on the lights, weā€™ll see.

1 Like

I used a yinyoo 0.78mm Pin cable on my 03ā€™s when I had them, worked just fine :+1:

I use this cableā€¦

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SS9VDWD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

I really wanted this in higher quality and it was cheaper to buy the CD than buy it digital

4 Likes

Had a $30 coupon for emotiva, and thought i should try a another tube roll on the darkvoice.

13 Likes

That is a really nice tube. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

More tips to add to the collectionā€¦

10 Likes

Are those the short size? Those look nice. Are you gonna use them on your Teas? They look thicker than most silicone tips. Lol lots of questions sorry

Ask away. Thatā€™s why I post the stuff I get, so if anyone is interested, I can give my opinions and help them make informed purchases.

I havenā€™t tried these yet, but I plan to try them on everything I have to find what works and what doesnā€™t. The plan for these are on deeper stem IEMs (like the Tea & L3). They have a strong wide opening at the tip so they wonā€™t compress much when inside your ear. Most other tips get close to covering the opening of the IEMs. I always wonder if that degrades the sound. Guess weā€™ll find out since these tips are designed to eliminate that issue. The silicone is not as soft as Spinfits so I am interested in how these will fit and if seal or comfort will be an issue.

1 Like

Would defenatley like to know with the teas. I instantly thought of those when I saw this. But I may just get them anyhow to try haha so these are the shorter sized azla? Not the regular?

Listening to Teas with them right now.

I didnā€™t know they made short ones or longer ones? Either way, these are the ones I gotā€¦

tips

My first impressions for fit and comfortā€¦ It turns out I didnā€™t need the SS or S sizes. The MS size is working the best. I might get the other sizes if I continue to enjoy these. M might be perfect. Thank god Iā€™m not experiencing the suction issue with these tips.

First impressions of the sound with the Teaā€¦ These tips are supposed to boost upper frequencies past 10K compared to usual silicon tips, and itā€™s possible it does. Iā€™m listening to Big Boi - Boomiverse - Kill Jill and Iā€™m a bit concerned that the sub bass/bass might be tamed slightly but I need more comparison listening to be sure. Midrange and treble actually sound more clear/detailed than what Iā€™m used to and the sound stage feels wider. These are pretty good. Iā€™m LOVING the sound stage width. The Tea already had a great soundstage.

You can see in this pic below how much larger the opening at the end is compared to a Spinfit. It does have an effect on the sound.

EDIT: These really bring the L3 to life! These will help to brighten anything that is tuned dark.

4 Likes

I did not bought this, but I got this as a gift and I am so grateful for I have been using a goddamn 768P 60Hz monitor for 5 goddamn years.

28 Likes

To split signal from dac.

14 Likes

got the same set about a month agoā€¦ good cablesā€¦

2 Likes

So far so good. :+1:

1 Like

damn I want the mini badly! Too bad Iā€™ve got like 3 other components Iā€™m saving for ATM or I would have snagged the headfi listing.

G-sync monitors are awesome. Enjoy!

Guess im missing loads, built my pc 5 years ago still running now with on and off upgrades and my monitor doesnt even have that AMD one. 60hz 1ms but yeah guess im missing alot but does good for the games I play. Donā€™t need blistering speed when your playing RTS xD

1 Like

I only jumped on the high refresh rate wagon last year myself.
100+ HZ is like really good audio.
You donā€™t really know you wanted it until you try it, but then going back to 60 fps feelsā€¦ slow, even though
in practice itā€™s usually fine, at least for non-competitive gaming.
I find that around 100-120hz is where the law of diminishing returns starts to kick in.

But what I really like the most about G-sync is that it removes the need for reliably consistent framerate. As long as youā€™re over ~40fps, thereā€™s no tearing (and no v-sync input lag) :slight_smile:

3 Likes