What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Got in a pair of Meze 99 Classics yesterday. Comfy, beautiful to look at, fun on some tunes, commendable effort. Returning them tomorrow. They’re not an upgrade on anything I’ve listened to before.I quite like the bass, but its the only thing I like and almost all I can hear.

Its fun but I can’t justify it for the price.

5 Likes

8-track player :grin:

Oh and yes it has a mic/guitar input, I did not notice that when buying it lol.

14 Likes

i was originally contemplating just getting the hart audio cables but apparently perriapt is so good i got tempted and now i am cable confused

Holy crap…Time warp stuff there now!!

1 Like

Periapt IS very good… heavier, thicker and to me not as handy for all my cans and different balanced and SE amps.

Sivga Phoenix. This is my most expensive headphone to date. Will post my thoughts later on the official thread.

18 Likes

Just purchased a Violectric V200 and it should ship out today. :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

I swear you and I have been on similar paths for a bit now lol I’ve been waiting for a used v200 to pop up for awhile. I’ll be curious to read about how you like it. Congrats on the big purchase :beers:

1 Like

Welcome to the club! :+1:

1 Like

Got my Replacement pads for my Focal Stellias today. the difference is noticeable

2 Likes

Got the new headband for my pre fazor LCD2

22 Likes

OMG that profile pic is gold!

1 Like

As Zeos would say, “Theeeesssse”! :heart_eyes:

Kennerton Limited edition Bog Oak & Ash Magni. I’ve been eyeballing the different Kennerton models for a long time and the Magni was the model I found myself most interested in. A big thank you to @XyleFBB they made it safe and sound to me brother!

27 Likes

Glad to hear it. There really are great headphones!

3 Likes

Damn nice looking!!

2 Likes

I have been looking at Kennerton’s for a while now. Not in the position at the moment to purchase one…but hopefully in a few months I will be able to. The Magni and Vali both interest me.

2 Likes

Are those V1,V2 or V3 Magni? Really interested in your take on them.

Went ahead and found some cables and adaptors to try in Aliexpress…
For IEM’s read some good things bout Nicehck C-16 cables so grabbed 2x different sets to Balanced 4.4 to run off Sony ZX 300 I should pick up tomorrow.

Then have been reading about Meze 99 silver coated cables so found a 60% cheaper version without branding…again to 4.4 termination …hopefully the plugs fit the thin as shit input holes in the cans.The silver color against 99 Noirs oughta be sick looking.

And finally so I can run this shit balance of my desk rigs a 4pin XLR to 4.4 adaptor

All this cost less than Meze is asking for a single silver plated balanced cable…

8 Likes

This is has been changing a lot lately… Amir and Schiit seem to be having a detente. Hell, halfway to a love-in, really. Starting with the Magni 3+ and Heresy, esp, but continuing on. I doubt his problems with the straightwire product are anything based on bad blood.

I would be so much more interested in the company if I wouldn’t have to live with a poo joke nonstop. My delicate sensibilities an’chit.

1 Like

Arrived today :smiley:

23 Likes