What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Noice mate!

1 Like

I have no more space for gear on my tiny desk. Sorry wallet, but that’s a dumb excuse to stop upgrading. Got this.

16 Likes

But what does it SOUND like? :laughing:

Congrats. Looks awesome

2 Likes

1 Like

Not very natural. Kinda metallic and plastic sounding.

2 Likes

I would have guessed either a very flat or L shaped signature, depending on how you look at it

2 Likes

:thinking: Now that you mention it, should I have gotten a tabletop with sound dampening foam core specifically tuned to absorb excess room resonance?

1 Like

with slightly more width than depth.

2 Likes

Just plop one of these on it:

http://audiophile.rocks/obscurum.html

and you’ll be good.

:rofl:

4 Likes

Ordered my first Finals today for work iem’s…

9 Likes

I bought a M 4.4mm Pentacon to F XLR interconnect from Hart and an iFi iPower AC adapter for my Zen.

interconnect will let me use my NHC on the balanced out of the Zen. :smiley:

4 Likes

Got some yaxi pads

A more color accurate shot of the purple Grado pads

11 Likes

Curious to hear what you think of these on the Hemps. Look cool. One of the selling points of the Hemps was the return to the old Grado flat pad… if these are better or just as good and more comfortable, Hemp owners will Wanna know!

2 Likes

Sorry.

EDIT: I have changed my opinion after some more thorough testing. My thoughts can be found farther down in this thread I linked.

3 Likes

I’m sorry — you bought them and tested first! The pads that come with the Hemp are pretty great for the sound. I thought the purple might look good at least, lol.

2 Likes

That’s because it doesn’t have a beryllium drive…

1 Like

Sold the Asgard 3 and purchased a Gilmore Lite Mk2 today. That should pair very nicely with my Bifrost 2. Still have the V200 on the way as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ve been really curious about that Gilmore. Really looking forward to your thoughts of it. :+1:t4:

1 Like

That’s very cool. I did that with some in-house demos of amps way back in the day when I was putting together my loudspeaker setup. Most places were pretty accommodating. One had me buy a receiver with the understanding that I could return it in new condition for full refund. Another let me borrow one with my card as collateral, but without running it.

For the ones I ended up returning I gave detailed reviews to the shops on why I chose what I did. Figured it was the least I could do.

1 Like

I love Matt’s work. Have a Forza cable for my Stellias, and it’s one of my favorite cables, period.

3 Likes