What did you buy today? (Part 1)

My headphone stands from Boryk Workshop on Etsy finally arrived today. I ordered them on June 29 and they shipped on July 2 and have been stuck in COVID delivery hell ever since. I got one notice that they had been processed though a NY facility on August 4 and another that they had finally left NY on the 11th. Once it finally got into the domestic chain it got here in a couple days.

Packing was impeccable–the box was internally lined with wood and every stand was individually wrapped. Seriously, top marks for protecting these beauties throughout their very long journey!

OK, enough blathering–here’s what they look like:

25 Likes

Really nice stands… actually Gorgeous stands… I see these and raise you a few… The struggle is real !!

12 Likes

If we’re playing that game, I also have my Stax stand: :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Yes for sure… I am realizing it is time to thin the herd a little…

@SpeleoFool all the wood is gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful each piece has such character!

1 Like

Lol the “cake bell” against dust, nice! :+1:

(Edit: Cake cloche? Cake dome?) :thinking: la cloche à gâteau, là! :grin:

1 Like

Selling the Vali for $600 if interested. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If I didn’t just buy 2 amps, I’d definitely take you up on your offer. Unfortunately, I’m unable to commit to purchasing anything else for a while. Appreciate the offer though. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So these arrived…

8 Likes

So it looks like I have some shiit to test tonight. Thanks @monkey32 for great shopping experience.

29 Likes

Have fun! :+1:

1 Like

How Ironic. I too have some Schiit to test tonight…

24 Likes

Your Schiit is getting bigger!

7 Likes

Once upon a time. This is all I wanted. Then I saw I needed a bigger desk.

Now I want a bigger desk because of reasons…

1 Like

Why sell, I thought you loved the Vali?

Feeling this…

Gonna try building new bigger rack and add brackets on bottom… Thank the gods for cheap bamboo cutting boards and threaded rod.

14 Likes

To my complete surprise, the Violectric V200 arrived a day early. Considering the current state of the USPS, I consider myself very lucky. So far, early impressions are very favorable. As expected, the V200 seems to be a perfect match with the Soekris DAC1321. I’m looking forward to more listening time on this amp.

25 Likes

Love, love, love the Kennerton Vali. I’ve really enjoyed owning it and it won’t break my heart if it doesn’t sell. My employment circumstances have changed, but that’s only part of it. I got the Arya a few months ago and it’s really the only headphone I pick up anymore. Between the sound and ear cup shape that’s very pleasing to me, I am just not listening to as much of my collection.

5 Likes

An exciting set of exchanges and purchases. Sold my Headamp Gilmore to @Hazi59. Will be selling my Elegias, LZ A6 Minis, might sell my Campfire Orion ck2s, and still selling my Lite DAC AH + iFi iDSD nano BL + DT 990 Pro 250 ohms (feel free to make bids if you want).

Just purchased…

EarSonics Grace IEMs (used) -

Ray Samuels Audio Rapter (used) -

If I end up liking the Raptor / Grace enough I might be up to selling my Clears…

19 Likes

Just showed up:
New cables from HAC (thank you @brux)

And some screws I ment to use to replace the ones I dropped while modding my 7506… Sadly the threading is different, so I can not use them

14 Likes