What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I understand that. I am good with my headphones for now; 2 ZMF, 1 Beyer 1990 and the Aiva makes it for me. I am looking at IEM’s and gear. I buy less and go for more quality, but I really enjoy what I got.

Nice set-up sir!

1 Like

Wow, the Grace is one serious IEM. Enjoy and let os in on how they sound.
Good choice!

1 Like

Only totl mid centric that filled all my requirements. Should be awesome. Hopefully it’ll be less than a week for both to arrive.

1 Like

@Pr3ssAltF4 That raptor set is GORGEOUS! Do let us know how it sounds.

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty much what I do too with the gear that I’ve borrowed, regardless if I end up purchasing or not. The ifi xDSD that I had borrowed for example, absolutely superb as far as sound went, but a great inconvenience because of no media keys and no “lock” function to prevent accidental adjustment of volume etc when using it on the go. My condensed review was that the xDSD was basically the high-end portable while moving about the house or wanting some quality time away from the desk / main rig.

As for the Elegia that I just returned today. I’m conflicted on them, because I really want a pair. But there are changes I would like with them. The cable has to go, it’s an atrocity at this price level (this goes for all Focal headphone cables). The clamping force is incredibly strong. I’m not sure why they decided to spring load the pivot mechanism of the cups, as it makes long time comfort suffer. I could probably bend them into shape and they’d loosen up after getting some more use, but out of the box they really start hurting after a long session. They clamp down way hard below the ears and towards the neck area.

They sound fantastic though, that separation, imaging and soundstage is impressive. Coupled with the isolation they provide while just having them on your head, the seal is perfect (which is probably due to the high clamp, now that I think about it).

I offered a trade-in of my LCD2-CB and they said this is probably the first time in 30 years someone has wanted to trade-in a pair of headphones, haha. But they were good sports and would agree with it if I ever wanted to do it. But I’m probably more likely to sell the LCD2-CB on here if it ever comes to that. I’m going to have to ponder on this over the month, doing some calm back and forths between my other heapdhones and see if it’s worth it or if it’s just the newfound infatuation of playing with a new toy.

1 Like

Liquid Platinum

28 Likes

That one time I didn’t impulsively buy something and feel like a genius. By any chance could you let me know how tall that stack is? I’m measuring if said system (per your feedback and review) might fit here.

more midfi I don’t need… lmao

24 Likes

13 cm on the dot

impulse bought some KZ ZS10 pros. curious to see how they compare to Tin T2s

4 Likes

That packaging :heart_eyes:

I looked it up again on Wayfair a while ago–cloche seemed to be the operating term. I originally found it via Google image seach to figure out what to actually search for. Never heard the term “cloche” before (or since).

1 Like

French is cloche à gâteau, just because it’s shaped like a bell :bell: I guess.

I speak french in real life and it’s always interesting to find french words used in english, like Hors d’Oeuvres etc.

1 Like

And I finally received this, straight from Korea, after like 3 months. :slight_smile:

I thought it was just a CD and, like, two pictures of her, but for ~20$ I’m surprised, I also received a big photobook and extras!

9 Likes

Hope you enjoy…I strongly prefer the ZS10 Pro to the T2, so sold my T2.

noiceeeeeeee. i love sejeong. been following her since the produce 101 days. didn’t know she had her own minialbum

1 Like

I’m late to this party. Don’t ask how old the headphones are or where I got them. Long story.

12 Likes

Well, continuing the theme of american made and planars- this happened last night.

14 Likes

Some early observations on the Violectric V200 amp…

So far, I am loving the Violectric V200. It is definitely on the warmer side of neutral and it has a nice visceral and dynamic way in which it presents bass and mids. Sounds like it may be rolling off at the extreme top end of the treble above 10 KHz, but it is still very present. It just isn’t as aggressive as it is on brighter neutral amps (like the thx amps or similar).

Absolutely benefits from an analytical dac pairing, such as the soekris 1321 ive paired it with. Would probably be a good match with other delta sigma dacs with ess or akm chips that are implemented in an analytical way.

I borrowed my friend’s Khadas Toneboard dac and listened for an hour with that odd pairing this morning and sure enough it sounded pretty great.

11 Likes