What did you buy today? (Part 1)

New mic stand for now, nothing special but it works.

9 Likes

They’re so beautiful, one day I’ll be looking to get a LTD Auteur, they look so beautiful with brass fittings

i just bought the BLON BL5 because of Zeos review, and i don’t even know if i can drive them without an amp

audio is hard :frowning: :broken_heart:

1 Like

Welcome, @Oblivion! IEMs generally can be driven easily on the headphone jack of a phone, tablet, laptop, etc. There are a few exceptions where more power is needed, and all benefit from a quality DAC/Amp, but you should be fine until you decide you’re ready to jump into source gear.

1 Like

i’m thinking of buying the BTR5 it’s very expensive where i live $130, it would be a great first dac/amp to have i also own the SHP9500 and heard it can benefit from an amp idk

1 Like

That should drive both easily. You’ll get a performance boost if you can use the balanced output for the BL05 since the balanced out on the BTR5 is better, but single ended shouldn’t have any trouble.

1 Like

to be honest i didn’t understand anything you said, I’m still new to audio but I’ll look up what does it means thank you

How are you liking the uper mids and treble on the Solo? I think they will be really good of someone isnt too sensitive in that area. I could not :frowning:

Taurus mkii. Should be enough for a while

13 Likes

Curious to see what you think of it :+1:

First impressions it has plenty of power

Emu teak.
Unfortunately had to trade my tr-x00 to get it :cry:

28 Likes

The grain pattern on those looks gorgeous @sa11297!

1 Like

Been waiting to hear the RB42 since May. Between a store not delivering and refusing refund (never buy anything at Hifi-Express) and waiting for shipping, corona times, and a major strike in the post office in my country; finally, I can experience these speakers! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

it’s funny…in Electronics 10, my buddy and I built a variable DC power supply that looks exactly like that triangle / pyramid. ours was a heck of a lot bigger, chunkier and heavier and no doubt, no where near as useful, LoL!

1 Like

Got a Startech 8U for my corner today, great quality for $44

11 Likes

Box of 6SN7 tubes. Feels like early Christmas. :smile:

15 Likes

If it was a mahogany then you probably got an upgrade. The teaks are considered to be on the same level as the Ebony. Hope you enjoy.

1 Like

ordered a new hart cable today for my IEMs, 2pin cable with a custom color scheme.

15 Likes

I just picked up an RCA 12BH7A and a Hytron 12BH7 for $48.65 from my reputable ebay seller. Price was too good to pass up. The RCA black plates in particular are supposed to be one of the better 12BH7 tubes. Should be interesting.

6 Likes