What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Gotta go fast!

2 Likes

Took another look at the Ares II. I may have to edit my post LOL. Damn that’s a hard choice. I hate this hobby LOL

2 Likes

Bought this today

23 Likes

Gustard post still stands. I’m going to keep putting money in my Holo May Level 2 fund.

2 Likes

Canare Star Quad L_4E6S w Neutrik Rean Phono RCA Interconnect Cable

11 Likes

Soooooo… I don’t like my wallet apperently… Cause I see my paycheck is in the bank and…
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/2136/1927-1009-ND/8635426/?itemSeq=338317249
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/GSK-184/BKGSK-184-ND/5231315/?itemSeq=338377844

4 Likes

I’m going to justify this one as showing support for a group for whom has been long overdue

9 Likes

I finally opened box of some Rupert Neve swag. I tried to get a Schiit mug, but it was unavailable at their retail store, so that will have to wait.

(Items are actually smaller than they appear)

15 Likes

Oh man! I think I need to get my hands on some Rupert Neve swag. That stuff looks so classy.

1 Like

I ordered the espresso mugs and the beer glasses. They tossed in a coupld of stickers and bottle insulators.

3 Likes

Didn’t expect these to arrive today. Cool.

16 Likes

what made you buy the MKIII SE over the MKIII?

The MK3 is purely an OTL tube amp with just a single ended out.
The MK3 SE is a hybrid with a Class A amp and has both single ended and balanced out with much more power.

Firstly, I want to use planars. Planar headphones with pure tube amps are a hit or miss pairing (usually miss).
Second, I like the extra power of balanced. I’m very curious to see how different my DT880 600 ohms sound between single ended and balanced on this. And Argons whenever I get those.
Thirdly, the MK3 SE was recommended to me. So I’m taking a chance on it.

1 Like

I’ve read that the SE’s performance was disappointing…that the MKIII single ended out put was so good to make the extra for the balanced output on the MKIII SE unwarranted.

I…I couldn’t help myself

8 Likes

Couldn’t, or didn’t want to? XP

Couldn’t… Honestly didnt want to I had $24 worth of Dbrand credit so I jumped

1 Like

One final purchase for today… Mother had sent me to grab ice cream, and I did… I just happened to notice they had blue tack and bought myself some.

Already put some to use

10 Likes

GINORMOUS NOCTUA FAN. I plan turn this into a desk fan for work. I don’t think any other fan can beat this on noise.

Pen for scale lol.

13 Likes

Im waiting for the white noctua fans to release I gotta replace these loud ass corsair ML fans/

2 Likes