What did you buy today? (Part 1)

well…if you like the idea of wearing a tiger thong on your face, all the power to you man, LoL!

2 Likes

I mean I already wear a black one so might as well the pink obe a lot of my outfits these days incorporate a lot of pink so this seems perfect

If I don’t like It I can return it within 30 days anyway.

I did not buy this, but have it to play with for awhile thanks to a very generous loan from Mr. @sa11297!

(LCD-2 PF)

21 Likes

Very generous indeed! Those cans are so sweet especially for us metalheads :metal:

Looking forward to your thoughts

3 Likes

Yeah. VERY initial impressions is that it’s going to be a helluva shootout between this one and the HexV2. The real winner is going to be me :smiley:

6 Likes

Nighthawk came in the Craigslist ad wasn’t lying these things are new

29 Likes

BHC + SB :heart_eyes:

29 Likes

I’m excited for you! You have the bifrost 2 and 6xx correct? That’s going to be pretty sweet :ok_hand:

Also great photo’s

3 Likes

Thanks! Bifrost 2 was suppose to be here today also, but, still no update on the tracking info. :crossed_fingers: it still shows up today.

Initial reaction Atom DAC > BHC+SB > 6XX = wow. Sounds so full.

10 Likes

Received a minor upgrade, but is supposed to be the most transparent, bit-perfect TOSLINK made. It has a very smooth and supple sheathing. Looks nice too, imo.

http://www.lifatec.com/toslink2.html

15 Likes

Today I bought a pair of STAX SR-L700 MKII and a STAX SRM-D50 - I hope they’ll arrive for pickup at the post office tomorrow. Fingers crossed

EDIT: They have arrived!

10 Likes

I purchased a NOS GE 5963 (12AU7) tube for $16. That is probably the last tube I will be purchasing for my Bottlehead Crack.

So far, the Mullard 6080 + Brimar CV4003 or Marconi 12BH7 is the best sounding combination.

10 Likes

Bifrost 2, hp cable and rca cable

26 Likes

Noice… let us know your thoughts :+1:

2 Likes

Nice LCD-2 rev. 1’s there. I was lucky to find a seller two years ago who obviously babied his pair while using them frequently.

Looking forward to reading your impressions on them.

For my LCD-2 rev. 1:

• Bass: Full bodied, textured, and deep extending without bleed-through into the mids
  • Mids: Again, full bodied, thick, chocolate-ty goodness
  • Treble: Missing top-end information here. Cymbals and cymbal crashes sound a bit neutered.

The LCD-2 rev. 2 has a little more top-end than the rev. 1 to sound a bit more neutral but loses out on the thicker mids of the rev. 1; the rev. 2’s mids are still lush but just a tad bit less than the rev. 1. Honestly, the differences are a matter of centimeters here. I feel the rev. 2 provides a more balanced sound with respect to the bottom-end to the top-end, but the rev. 1 is the more romantic (and slower) sounding of the two. Indeed, there are more than a few who prefer the rev. 1 due to its more luscious mids and a bit more bass presence than the rev. 2’s.

For now, I’m keeping both :yum:

17 Likes

th900 mk i, will post a better picture when it arrives :grin:

28 Likes

12 Likes

Also ordered a bottlehead crack kit

9 Likes

I guess you liked those X00s or dennons. I’m kind of jealous. Can’t wait to hear what you think once they arrive.