What did you buy today? (Part 1)

TAOBAO
It’s a pre order model.
The pre order starts 2019.
330 models in total
Shipping oversea also supported.

about time I snagged one of these…

21 Likes

So my Hytron 12BH7 and GE 5 Star 5963 tubes just arrived. Upon early listening, they both are really good. The GE in particular is incredibly linear and natural sounding. I’ll be keeping this one in the BHC for a few days as it requires additional listening as I really am trying to figure out what else it is doing that makes it sound so enjoyable to me…

The Hytron sounds great for sweet mids and detailed and extended treble, bass is tight, but not the star of the show. Very dynamic and forward sounding, but not in a negative way. No grain in the treble, which can be hard to avoid with some 12BH7 tubes.

13 Likes

Welcome to the cult club!

2 Likes

Bit of an end of an era–this (t-shirt) was my final purchase from Rakuten, to cash in points I’ve accumulated from buying scores of discounted Xbox gift cards:

Can anyone name all the headphones pictured here? :wink:

8 Likes

Came today. Review in the DAC threads coming after I have some time with it.

2 Likes

Not been having luck with audio purchases recently - the KEF Q150s I got slightly cheaper than usual have gone missing in transit (the driver may be able to find them tomorrow), the SMSL DA-8s to drive them turned up dead on arrival, and some idiot (me!) ordered just one speaker cable!

3 Likes

Just got these in today

26 Likes

Oh also this too, Thanks @Bmn1251 for the killer deal.

25 Likes

The DT880 600 ohm just came in from @Bmn1251 and I’m loving the sound signature of it with my source chain. Thanks for the deal too!

25 Likes

Ruby vibes on a Monday

28 Likes

After making a few stops, the Arya and rs-08 have arrived. Going to have a showdown with the edition x v2 and clears. First impressions are proposing :smile:

28 Likes

Managed to snag one

31 Likes

Enjoy, music wise these are the best headphone I have ever heard!

1 Like

Got my 58x Jubilee phones last week but waited for my Schiit Hel to tear them out. Cheers to Z and these forums for help in my first foray into proper gaming desktop audio!

32 Likes

Noiceeeeee I LOOOOOOVE the 58x!

1 Like

I just purchased a NOS Mullard ECC82 (12AU7) and 2 Thomson CSF 6080WA tubes. The Thomson CSF 6080WA were made for the French military, so im a bit curious how they sound.

10 Likes

28 Likes

Ok right thread this time lol, made some much needed purchases for my bedside listening with the Node, Ipad as a controller so I don’t have to be tethered, SSL interface for my desk and the next book in a series I’m collecting, pretty great day

9 Likes

SSL makes some nice gear.
On the expensive side, but solid.

1 Like