What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Eufonika H7 OTL headphone amp. As I live in EU and Bottlehead Crack requires some fees, I trusted this handmade OTL from Poland via eBay. Bought it at the price of 290 euros. WIMA caps and ALPS pot with excellent build quality. And I love it. My HD650s too.

31 Likes

@SpotmaticF Very cool and original to me, never heard of them before and looking forward to hearing more about it on a thread hopefully some day, congratulations! It reminds me a little bit of Decware amps in its style/build. Really great price too, happy listening!

A short while ago I met an awesome fellow by the name of Steve who runs a small business called The Tube Shop, www.thetubeshop.com (shameless plug, good fellow) He has been selling tubes for decades and his prices were very reasonable along with honest service. I emailed him looking for some variety to use in my A&S/ZMF Pendant, LM 216ia and 218ia and he was able to oblige. RCA 12BH7A, Amperex 12AX7’s, RCA 5751’s, RCA 6CA4 and Sylvania 6BQ5. So many tubes, so little time…LOL

17 Likes

What wood is that on the Verite closed???

Nice! How are you liking the combo?

1 Like

Thanks Nick! I was searching a long time to buy an OTL from EU and this was looking very promising to me. The builder is sending via eBay only and has excellent reviews as a seller as well. The communication was excellent and he definitely puts some love and effort as the final result is showing too…

2 Likes

Pretty incredible, ideal setup for me pretty much. Verite recreates music well, still fun, but also analytical. Such an adaptable headphone,even with bad recordings. The mz2 is such a stellar amp, a tinge of warm tube sound, spacious, good seperation, while maintaining awesome details and timbre. A++ all around. Using the bf2 wit it as well, so that helps too.

3 Likes

interesting, they look nice too. those wireless kz ones. U feeling em for the price? how competetive are they with general IEMs?

1 Like

Yeah that sounds awesome! Glad you’re enjoying the LTA. Congrats!

2 Likes

Lcd3 pf :smile:

23 Likes

fidelity wise they play along witht he iems in the price point particularly the vk4, edx, zsn, szt , kinda stuff they work well 3 hours of play with touch pause pay functionality. the white ones ae the S1D I feel they sound a bit too wide for an IEM to my liking in the respect that it presents thing a little too far. the S1 though as better build quality to it’s case is a hybrid and it can sound a bit metallic in some track but given a good track its sounds pretty graeat and for a tWS for $23 it sounds impressive overall they meet what I need them to do which is be a beater

1 Like

Camphor Burl.

1 Like

gotcha noiceeeeee, sounds pretty nice then. thx for the info!

Wouldn’t mind a comparison between these and the lcd-2 pf after you get some time with them.

Sweet purchase :+1:

2 Likes

More pics of the wood please. I have my audeze but i really wish that specific striped wood was on one of mine. Its very striking.

1 Like

here is the listing that I bought: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wts-audeze-lcd-3.942994/
will upload some of my own pics when it arrives :smile:

2 Likes

Bought some pumpkins at the patch…while wearing FH3’s

18 Likes

Beautiful scenery. That’s also a pretty sweet wagon.

1 Like

Mmm yes, this pleases me

Did something a little reckless today by purchasing a pair of 70’s Rogers Ls3/5a Gold Badge speakers.

Also last I checked I was 17th on the ZMF list but apparently my Aeolus shipped today.

Pretty excited and I’m not an excitable kinda guy :slight_smile:

15 Likes