What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Always a good choice

1 Like

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
Time to make some alpha dogs :grin:

20 Likes

Thank you @Zachary_Mehrbach and Bevin :beers:

37 Likes

those are beautiful! congrats

I’m very interested in your thoughts on these, they have been on the top of my list to try for a while now

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m beyond happy with how they turned out :slight_smile:

I’ll be sure to post my thoughts :+1:

5 Likes

Didn’t know they were doing any LTD woods on the Aeolus right now. Awesome set man!

2 Likes

Those are gorgeous! What kind of wood did you get? African black wood?

They don’t even need sound
they are ART!

3 Likes

The Aeolus ltd just recently ghosted from the site I believe. Thank you!

Thanks! They’re the Cocobolo ltd :+1:

5 Likes

Nice! I didn’t realize they came out with another Ltd after the camphor burl. Congrats!

2 Likes

Bought this as a Digital interconnect from X-SPDIF 2 to DAC. I like silver for digital, so I’ll see how these work out.

15 Likes

How long is the run between the two components? I know it it probably inaudible either way but I looked at those and just couldn’t bring myself to do such a long cable for a distance of 18" which is what I needed. Wound up buying a shortie monoprice instead.

1 Like

I haven’t settled on placement yet, but it could be anywhere from 1 to 4 feet. It’s pending furniture choices.

Didn’t even know these existed, let alone intending to buy them

LCDX nonfazor (includes carbon fiber headband, custom headband cushion, extra dekoni pads, bucktown cable)

31 Likes

This, next to a plush penguin, is a Ravpower, all-the-time “six times 2.4a” USB charging station. Yup, power only. With all the things using USB only for power now, including a lot of SMSL and Topping amps, some even coming with round-plugs-to-USB cables, it’s really useful for me, and I thought it would be useful to share here too, because using multiple computer USB outs only for power is weird – especially when you realize you don’t have places to plug your external drives or thumb drives or controllers anymore because most of your USB ports made to share data are just used for electricity.

Here’s the link to amazon .ca, it’s unavailable on amazon.com right now.

9 Likes

Nice! Wonder how they compare to the current version

Congrats!

2 Likes

Awesome photo! Glad you’re enjoying them, Don! Hope you get some good time to chill out and listen to music :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks Bevin! Letting them burn in today and tonight and I’ll starting listening tomorrow. Really good to see you on here :beers:

1 Like

Awesome figuring. Cocobola is a popular wood for guitars. Usually figured and split for acoustic backs

3 Likes

Im intersted in how a non fazor sounds. I knew they were around but do t see them mentioned much. I do like the metallic vs black outer ring