What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Got my bifrost 2 in today. Coming from an E30 this thing sounds amazing…

20 Likes

x2. One for the amp , one for the Dac. Heavy duty judy power ropes :grin:

6 Likes

Oh how I hate having access to credit cards… Ok, that is a complete and total lie.

Upgrade from 24" wide screen from 2007(?):

A 49" ultawide monitor for the desk to work with. This will be dwarfed by the 2 55" TVs in the same room connected to my gaming computer. Well, new desk monitor for the eyes means new sound monitors right? Of course it does! Can feel the Focal Clears glaring…

So with new headphones means new headphone cable. Obviously!

goes to hartaudiocables.com Crap! Black is a “custom” color. Grrrr!!! Why does the universe hate me?

16 Likes

Yosi Horikawa - Vapor
Vinyl :smiley:

30 Likes

This album is very good, thank you for showing me this :open_mouth:.

2 Likes

That’s encouraging and good to know. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

1 Like

A headphone stand, first one ever, one of the legs is short though, but the builder said he’s gonna replace it for me.

14 Likes

This are my new Toy.

Been playing for a few hours.
And I was lucky to be able to buy pre-fired tubes - I currently have the Brimar EF92 CV131 as a matched pair.
And another pair of EF92 Mullard also matched pair.

I had the Emu Purpleheart on first, I thought I was going to die.
And now the Audeze - yes, exactly the Audeze Lcd 2c - and Planar, that’s not possible.
The Audeze is unproblematic.
I’ll wait a little longer before I draw my conclusion.
But what I can say is that it works a lot better than the Vali 2 I used to have.

Oh yes, the picture was intentional, it doesn’t go up in smoke, it smokes with joy. :grin: It’s a classic headphone amplifier, namely the Little Dot MK 1+.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Soekris 1541

27 Likes

Whenever I look at the higher price vs the BF2 and Ares II, I always forget that it is a DAC/Amp.

i dont think the amp is worthwhile though but the dac should be higher performing than those two dacs

2 Likes

Needed to raise the Dali Zensor 1’s a bit, so ordered 2 orange yoga blocks that arrived today… almost a match to my yaxi pads :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

HPA v281
HPA v281 rear

A new to me amplifier, Violectric HPA V281.
Thanks @sa11297 for the smooth transaction!

I haven’t had a lot of time with it yet so I can’t really give any thoughts just yet. Trust me, I’m working on that…
HPA v281 Lit Up

38 Likes

oh heck, what was wrong with the first one?

Wouldn’t work via USB. Same with the new one. Posting on the subject thread.

GIK acoustic panels arrived!

18 Likes

What are those covers on your speakers?

Highly recommend! You can send them exact measurements and they will make you custom covers. You can even get cutouts for cables.

9 Likes

My wife and daughter’s replacement set. My wife was actually about to order her own replacement as she broke the slider. My daughter taped hers together so she could use them the last couple weeks. Took advantage of the $20 amzn price.

24 Likes