What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I’m going to enjoy the cans I have i say as I buy more cans…

20 Likes

Congrats man. This was also high up on the hype train. But I had the anandas they were no joke, really great sounding cans and I would expect the aryas to live up to that hype. I did end up selling my anaadas tho Def not because I don’t like them I realised I only have one pair of ears and can’t wear 6 pair of headphones I have lying around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup. One of those cans i just feel like I have to experience. If I don’t like them ill take a small loss and move on. Kind of a low risk test imo

1 Like

Got a good deal on some original drop HD6XX! First real headphones, so far they’re amazing

21 Likes

Just got the FH3’s in, very curious about these. I will be comparing them mostly to the Moondrop Starfield since that’s what it’s, hopefully, will be replacing. I wanted something to complement the Tin T2, but the Starfields didn’t excite me in any genre so I’m hoping the FH3 will be a nice counterpart to the T2.
First impressions: Jesus that’s a lot of bass… (None of my gear really has bass). Like the cable and the fit of the IEMs and I’m glad I have an IEMatch because I would not be able to hook them up to the Liquid Spark without it.

4 Likes

What did you think of these headphones (T60RP)? I checked the T60RP thread, but nobody has posted there since last summer. :smile:

2 Likes

Rotation, Rotation, Rotation.

But, you are right there does come a point that you are not able to even rotate through your collection - and the ones that don’t make it that often are candidates to sell and give someone else a chance to try.

4 Likes

I received these yesterday.

Very interesting headphone. A little too ‘bright’ for my preference, but outstanding imaging and separation. They’re also some of the most detailed headphones I’ve heard. The detail retrieval is pretty excellent. Tubes seem to help smooth out the wonky tonality.

…And these today.

Haven’t listened yet, but I’ll leave impressions on the Focal Clear thread later.

Cheers.

36 Likes

Let me respond to this in that thread.

1 Like

Isn’t Austrian Audio where the AKG engineers went when Samsung bought them?

1 Like

yep

@ValentineLuke how’s the bass on the X55 for you?

2 Likes

Ortofon 2M BRONZE.

We.are.fvckin.

5 Likes

In for a pair of Beyerdynamic dt880 600ohms today

10 Likes

Yes, that’s the story.

They’re engineered and made in Austria.

1 Like

It’s there, but I prefer more presence. I think something like ifi’s bass boost would be pretty sweet for these.

They do go down to about 20 hz, it’s just not enough for my preference.

1 Like

Big boy toy #3 has arrived!

22 Likes

Elears…cause curious

1 Like

@M0N Hi. Just let me disagree with you, yesterday a had an audition and listening experience in sound shop of both D90 and m400, and i did not like d90 because of topping sound signature, but i liked quite a lot M400. From my point of view m400 is two tiers up from allo revolution, and three tiers from all theese cheap dacs like e30, modius, smsl m8a. Maybe you listened it straight from the box, with poor cables, or maybe some kind of psychoacoustics makde some tricks.

Actually i liked it so much, that ordered SMSL M400 from China for 859$, because in our local shop it much more expensive. Maybe im wrong,i dont know, but from i hear. Interested in how good paring with fa-12s it will be.

Actually one note about the allo. From the first time i tried to connect usb, the port became physically broken, i repaired it and then maybe in 7 days only silence go through RCA outputs. I talked with support, they told they sent replacement unit, but after that - silence, no track number or something. Assemble quality is poor, but sound quality is really better than e30/modius/x8, but not m400) m400 is a different world

60.5 hour work week, and how do I reward myself? More music.

https://us.7digital.com/artist/silent-theory/release/fragile-minds-5461551

The following where bought on 7digital, but where bought individually, rather then the whole album

8 Likes

I would agree, keep in mind that when I said it was trash, I meant trash for the price it goes for, it’s still going to be a step up from the entry to lower midrange dac options

It was very amp picky, given it has no output stage some amps didn’t handle the high output impedance very well, but given you had an amp that did handle it, it sounded better yes, but still very lacking for the price imo

If you enjoy it more power to you, don’t let something I say discourage you from enjoying something you have found you liked

4 Likes