What did you buy today? (Part 1)

@M0N Thank you for clarification, i thought that dac was total trash at all:)) from price point i think i agree, it is overpriced, something like 650-700$ will be fair enough for this when i compare it to allo for 260 + 120/130 for psu.

I made the transaction for this last Saturday night in a crazed frenzy. With the long holiday weekend and then winter storm effects on shipping, it has seemed like forever & a day. Today, it arrived at its new home.

Soekris dac1541

Now, to rearrange the desk situation…

37 Likes

Splurged on a Diamondphonic Black Diamond Series Digital Extra Deluxe Cable. Too good of a bargain to pass up, normally these things sell for $650 plus, I got it for like $12 dollars; Some assembly required.

Canare BNC, Belden 1505A Vivid HD 4k 75 ohm cable, Canare stress relief hood and some black sleeving. Just wanted to try the BNC connector on the Pi2AES into the Lampi. I’ll probably not be able to tell the difference over Coax SPDIF but hey, it’s part of the hobby right?

17 Likes

Lol that’s a deal. :laughing: :ok_hand:

Nice cables are always nice, bought or homemade. :stuck_out_tongue:

Philips Hue bulbs…

I have always liked having some light behind my monitor, as it makes it more comfortable to my eyes with less “contrast” from the monitor to the wall behind. I’ve had various led strips and bulb solutions but some time ago i started buying Philips hue bulbs, and now in my basement living room/man cave i have gone fully hue. I did end up with some hue color bulbs too…

I will not use the color much though (not synced up as ambilight), just trying it out for fun, mostly its used in warm normal light bulb color. Also, did a little swap around of my systems so i put up the B&W 685s2 speakers instead of my Dali zenzor 1s, and added an old lava lamp to go along to my prog/psychedelic rock :smiley:

21 Likes

I have a lot of Hue lights in my home, it’s one of those things that now that I have them I couldn’t go back to regular lights, especially with all the sensors and programmable logic such as phone proximity to my house.

1 Like

Love the Hue system, but it is quite expensive (at least here in Norway). Not tried the competing brands though,but Hue is easy to set up and is easily available in the local shops, so thats why i went with it. The “man cave” was the frist room i fully did with hue, but i also have the hall/entrance mostly with hue, and my “home office” room is also mostly hue. Will take it step by step since i already have led bulbs most places, so it feels a bit waste to change a perfectly working bulb :slight_smile:

1 Like

I moved mine over time as other bulbs failed.

Cool. I do that behind my TV in the HT system. Reduces eye strain and does it without glare.

jose cerveza traditionale resposado.

and a bunch of wine to keep the wife quiet. :wink:

4 Likes

Another broken pair of Grados. :laughing:

1 Like

What do you mean? You bought a broken pair for cheap to fix or mod?

I bought (another) used pair at a suspiciously low price and received the expected outcome.
SR60 this time.

Oh, well that sucks. When you say SR60, do you mean a classic one (hence the buying used for such a cheap headphone)?

Non “e” update.
The drivers are good, but cables and pads are messed. Things easily fixed.
This pair I will probably self-mod. I have also have a pair of 125’s that I may have Grado “refreshen” for me.

The big thick cables and infinitely twistable cups can make for a very bad marriage in the wrong hands.

I am a bottom-dweller, always looking for a “deal”. Sometimes it works.

4 Likes

yeh…sounds like he could use some tequila too, eh? :wink:

Grados are fun to fix up and mod. :stuck_out_tongue: Something to stretch over the headband, spray paint, metal mesh from a dollar store desk organizer, and some cabling with paracord exterior and a headphone plug can transform them.

They sound a little colored

14 Likes

Bought a Sony a6400 and a smol Aputure RGBWW light so I could take pics and potentially make videos?? Idk, anyways here’s a couple of pictures of my Bifrost 2 and atom amp, still learning how to use my camera, but thought these turned out pretty okay.

19 Likes