What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I’m also rocking a V281 and dac1321. I’m curious how the upgrade to the 1541 compares.

2 Likes

The combo is still really new to me so I will need some more listening time. I will be sure post in the Soekris DAC 1541 thread.

2 Likes

Hiby r5. Upgrade from r3 pro to android OS

13 Likes

Just bought some opamps to try out. Those are:

• 2X OPA627AU
  • AD827SQ
  • 3X OPA2134

10 Likes

I literally just ordered the FOCAL CLEAR MG PRO. I’m interested in their improved driver tech implemented into the MG since the CLEAR was already so good. I’ll add pics once they arrive.

23 Likes

Picking up a Denon AVR-1612 later today to power the Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers that I should get in tomorrow. Hoping these will be a significant step up from the JBL bar studio that’s currently hooked up to my TV.

2 Likes

I’m pretty currious about the mg too. Want to try and find some place to demo it

1 Like

Got an early delivery today. These don’t sound bad at all stock! :+1:

22 Likes

I remember liking them a lot when I heard them at RMAF and those milled wooden earcups are just badass.

1 Like

Threw my impulse control out the window for the bottlehead crack with speedball.

Just really needed that crack at the price I got it for! She looks rough with some rust and a missing knob but should be easy to clean her up.

My amp journey may come to an end. Or until I decide to go balanced…

20 Likes

Focal Clears… and on the fence for a third amp… I need to delete my accounts online.

10 Likes

Welcome to the band of Crackheads :+1:

4 Likes

Haha feels good. Only started to warm the tubes up but I’m already finding myself coming back for more and more!

2 Likes

Just wait till you start buying a bunch of tubes to roll (and yes it can make a massive difference)

1 Like

The 627’s are solid!

1 Like

Got a great deal on a package of used gear: Cayin N6ii DAP w/ A01 & E02 motherboard modules, Cayin YB04 IEM, Jomo Quatre IEM.

21 Likes

If everyone’s audiophile journey started with the BHC/Speedball and the HD600s many an audiophile journey would have ended there.

8 Likes

…or ends up escalating quickly to TOTL tube amps (EC, DNA, A&S, etc…) and ZMF hp’s. :rofl:

2 Likes

So true. I would have called it quits if I had one back when I got my first pair of dt880’s. The tube rolling journey though… will be fun with the 880s. Already have one that smooths them out and sound so nice and another that stabs me in the ears with the highs but works great with ndh20. Having a good time swapping headphones.

I feel attacked

18 Likes