What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Same. Simple but brilliant humor. Totally unexpected.

Installed one of these, they’re pretty easy to set up, kind of minimalist with the open plexiglass covers, works great and adds a lot of bling. Can’t wait to see this tonight.

Goes from 32 hz to 16 kHz seem accurate enough, feeding it from the RCA out of my Yggy, so you’ll need a source that outputs to all outputs simultaneously, otherwise this won’t work and heaven’s to Betsy forbid you even think to try to put this inline or split.

8 Likes

I thought about snagging something like this a while back, but all the ones I came across either seemed over priced or cheap and unreliable. Who makes this one?

edit: maybe I should open my eyes more and look at the video title. thanks for adding the link.

Ooooo look! A shiny glowy thing that I need.

3 Likes

Received my first shipment today from the new Texas Shitter:

Modi3+ and SYS

My new simplified desktop now supports:
RPi4 → LA-QXD1 → SYS → iMicro Monitors (for music via Roon)
Laptop → Modi3+ → SYS → iMicro Monitors (for any media via laptop)
Plus, a handy volume knob on the SYS! :slight_smile:

(RNHP still runs balanced from LA-QXD1 for headphones)
(stormtrooper next to the speaker is for EMI interference reduction)

19 Likes

My Eikon arrived in the mail today!!! <3

28 Likes

Busy day for deliveries!

Balanced DT880 600ohm showed up today. Thanks @Bmn1251 for the good communication and excellent headphones!

14 Likes

Sorry not audio or music related but super happy with this impulse buy for an early Father’s Day gift to myself. Thanks @Onaha for the post that started it all. Mine came complete with dead spider to test my cutting skills.

16 Likes

awesome man, glad you like it. lucky you on the spider score too!

1 Like

Paid for this today:

Aqua La Voce S3

27 Likes

You dove in BEFORE the highly anticipated @M0N review? I saw that one, good pick up!

2 Likes

You got a great deal on that! Please post feedback after you’ve had it for some time.

I’d probably looking at ditching my Holo spring for it in the future.

1 Like

This and Amber3 has been my desired upgrade from yggy, i felt i could not go wrong with either, the Amber3 does seem to be similar to yggy, but the la voce was too good of a price to pass up(cheaper than what amber3 used go for) plus not dealing with tubes is a plus. Though in the future id like to pick up an amber3 for a speaker set up, as i dont use speakers as much as headphones currently, therfore i wouldnt have to worry about tubes and their lifespan, and i wouldnt keep the amber3 on all the time like i do with my equipment at my desk.

yes! will try and put some thoughts together , especially going from the yggy tier to this, will def be interesting.

2 Likes

Just an owner’s manual piece of info on the Amber 3, the tubes are under driven according to the manual and they actually recommend leaving them on if desired as they expect a 10 year lifespan on tubes. I currently leave mine on most of the time unless I know I won’t be listening to my stereo for multiple days, in which case I turn it off.

Definitely let us know what you think of it. It seems that there’s enough of them on the market and they also don’t go for nearly as much as the Amber 3, so a good under the radar piece of kit.

2 Likes

Ah good to know, lm more at ease now for a future purchase :+1:

I really like mine, kept it over the Lampizator.

1 Like

Oh nice, what made you decide that?

I had both for a while, and when I was looking to go down to one, it was a close call as to which to keep.
Short version is I used the LaVoce more, which is always the final decision maker, it’s often difficult to articulate what you specifically like vs not, but using something (assuming both are equally easy to use) is a pretty good indicator of what you prefer

The LaVoce is more resolving, and blacker than the Amber 3, Amber has a bigger stage and if you directly compare them, you can hear the tube in the Lampizator (though it’s incredibly subtle), which adds some additional meat to the mid range.

The LaVoce is also an NOS DAC, and that provides something (I’d at least currently describe it as an immediacy) the Amber misses, but the NOS sound is something there is a lot of debate over.

My 1 sentence comparison was, you can hear the tube in the amber and sometimes that’s a win.

5 Likes

Probably the best summing up of any honest audio decision tbh…sometimes there is no need to over think things :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I guess something will have to make a space for this new beauty.

28 Likes