What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Is any form of disagreement viewed as a fight to you? If I don’t agree with you and voice my opinion I’m here to fight?

Personally I feel a fight is when you’re targeting at someone for reasons other than the disagreement itself.

If you think disagreement is a fight, fine, and if you’re not interested in a “fight”, don’t reply.

9 Likes

Again gentlemen please this’s not the place for this if there is one???

Please start your own thread or I’ll start removing all off topic shennigans and silence members that persist in this vein.

13 Likes

Was here to ask @Resolution how the DAC is imaging wise as that for me is a lot more important than detail since my silly ears can barely tell the difference between a good MP3 and a 24-bit flac :stuck_out_tongue:

Sooo euh… witout wanting to stir the pot on measurements vs non-measurements (cuz I don’t give a crap in this fight either way). How is the imaging on the Topping? :smiley:

Sorry…

As I said. Not here to stir the fight :stuck_out_tongue:
I can understand your point and was just wondering as to your opinion. Totally cool if the discussion on here discouraged you from sharing

Here please…

6 Likes

Well yikes! That was interesting. I think I will jump on the Topping thread later and see where that goes! I have questions on that as well. But I digress…

The Lagoon ANC phones have arrived and will be getting their first trial by fire this morning. First impressions are good, though. Very good. They sound really good wired, and they are very easy to use. Extremely comfortable as well.

Maybe I will start a thread in the HP topic and do a decent write-up there after I have had some time with them in real world conditions.

14 Likes

Nice. I’m very curious how these stack up to the ANC heavyweights from Bose and Sony.

4 Likes

preferences is a huge thing here and as long as you respect what other believe based on their own impressions and preferences Im sure other people would be willing to discuss your findings in a respectful way. but juts like any hobby people will disaggree with your findings ti doesn’t mean your findings are wrong it just means someone elses preferences is different from yours. and they will write it down that’s what a discussion is. a discussion isnt a discussion if all it is agreeements.

7 Likes

This is not the thread for those long discussions/disagreements, and I never wanted to participate in those and I stated so.

Thank you for defining what a discussion is for me since I asked though.

no problem my guy

6 Likes

got these guys cause laptop speakers arentr cuttingit for anime while im in bed. gotta say surprisngly decent with decent mids present bass and just ok treble almost no detail but does anime well. I have a weid setup with them were the back is facing walls allowing the bass port to immediately bounce the bass back at me which makes te sound more whole than they really are. if you got $20 and no speakers on your table they really arent bad. probably gonna do some wall mount speakers at some point for the bed setup so this is only temporary

6 Likes

20$ for speakers with bass is actually a home run. :grin: nice find!

1 Like

From what I have read they rank above the Bose and sound better than the Sony WH-1000XM3 but not the WH-1000XM4. The Sony ANC is supposedly better than the Beyer Dynamic Lagoons. But the WH-1000XM4 is 350 dollars; I picked up the Lagoons for $240.00.

I actually hooked them up to the M200/SP200 stack and was able to drive them beautifully on Low gain. They sounded really, really good. I mean really good. Way better than the 8200’s I had. But the 8200’s ANC worked really well. I didn’t get a chance to test that on the Lagoons today. Tomorrow maybe.

2 Likes

That was honestly the most surprising part.

1 Like

iLouds calling your name

1 Like

Its the best headphone/IEM that I’d want EQ’d to the Harman Curve. It’s also the only one I’d want need EQ’d. Wish they still made the Lightning Cipher cable. One came with it but I reached out to Audeze to see if I could buy another and they said no.

1 Like

I had an issue with mine when it was still under warranty. I just recently received a replacement, and I was afraid they sent me the wrong item. The cable is different (better), and the design on the earphones themselves seems sleeker with less sharp edges. Using the Audeze EQ plugin in Roon, my old set still needed some tweaks to sound the way I wanted, but the new version is pretty much plug and play with the EQ preset.

Some more shit came in

29 Likes

If I didn’t already have a pair of Ducky One 2’s I’d probably order myself a GMMK…

1 Like