What did you buy today? (Part 2)

That’s Foxy!
:notes:

4 Likes

Just got my Fostex TR Ebony(with custom pads and cable) with amazing deal TY !!! from @Resolution

14 Likes

@JEFF_JEFF Thanks for letting me know they arrived safely. Enjoy them!

3 Likes

Earstudio ES100 MkII

Shanling M3X with leather case

But I won’t be keeping both.

Supporting what is pretty much the only headphone brand from my country (Brasil)

Hope they sound as good as people say they do!

9 Likes

Nice! Hope you like them, I do think they sound pretty different. The new Garbo headband does seem beautiful. Also, should post a little about it here: shameless plug.

1 Like

From what i’ve been reading/watching about them, it seems to fit my listening style, and i gotta say, the price drop and the Garbo headband really made me pull the trigger on buying it, i never much liked the other colors, this one however, looks just right imo.

1 Like

I use mdf door molding bought at Home Depot. Less than $10 for an 8’ length .
I buy the 2 1/4" high stuff and paint it black to match my kallax units. Double sided tape and away you go.

Wasn’t bough today but did arrive today

31 Likes

5 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind for when I expand to the next unit. Looking at the site they are now $3 a pop instead of $2, but the ones I have are clear and not wood grain.

1 Like

Took a chance on these today. A pair was listed on Amazon as Used - Very Good for $179. We’ll see in a few days what “Used - Very Good” means…

15 Likes

Just got an email from the diyaudio store and the ACP + Full kits are in stock!

This is for a “nude” kit…no case…

Seeing how I have a Pass HPA-1 and a Whammy I had to try this really simple but elegant
kit…

This is what it will look like (this is not mine of course)…

11 Likes

Since I said I would, it seems like I should post an update!

So from what I can tell, by far most of the noise was being caused by a ground loop, so using either the iDefender by itself or the iGalvanic by itself fixes the vast majority of the issue. I’m currently running them both because, why not?

It probably makes a bit more sense to get an actual DDC with some nice clocks and stuff down the line, and I was recently recommended a Singxer SU-2 or SU-6, so I’m looking into it! But for now, the USB noise is mostly fixed.

9 Likes

Here or Listening To Tonight…

Hello,
You could have got away with the Matrix Audio element H if you use the PC, and it harmonises very well with the Su2, just like everything else.

2 Likes

Initial impressions, meh. IPhone dongle seems very close. Only used it with the SA6 tho.

5 Likes

Try the Sound Settings change by the Eq presents,maybe is the wrong preset activate.:wink:

1 Like

Bought it used with no box so didn’t know about a app or anything. I’ll look into it.
Thanks!

No need for an app.
Go to Settings,Music and then Eq on your Phone.There are different presets where you can adjust the sound across the board.
This also works if you are streaming with streaming provider XY.:wink:
I find Loudness is very good for all,personally.

1 Like