What did you buy today? (Part 2)

My wallet cries was on sale and got the 10% off

12 Likes

I used my saved up Amazon points, to buy three under $100 sets, purely to test them out and see what the fuss is about and then send them back.

I wonder if they cause me some regret to make me not want to send them back lol

1 Like

I dont need a preamp at home. Ive got a Singxer SA1. But if I wanted to go mobile I was thinking about the Gryphon. Its just the price holding me back.

1 Like

How about whats in my Anazon Cart just waiting to be ordered? Does that count?

Though I do have some nice & somewhat expensive gear, Im one of those people who spends weeks, months, years fighting with myself about spending my own money on anything for my own use.

Im now looking at a Topping E50 & L50 stack, along with some Monoprice Premier cables, & a KableDirekt optical cable, & a Kuxiyan male micro usb dongle to female usb c. All total $550.94, before tax.

Cant seem to push the order button.

Keep in mind L50 doesn’t have a balanced output even with its XLR out. You might as well wait for L30 + E30 ver. II

1 Like

A fun thread for those of us who just can’t commit.

After a lot of back and forth decided to pull the trigger and get an “endgame” amp

Still not sure about what DAC i want to pair with it but for now its be more than enough for any of my headphones

2 Likes

I’ve already got a Singxer SA1 that has balanced.

Why would they put a balanced output connection on the L50 if they didn’t need it?

The E50 got my attention from it’s price & features & then reviews later.

The L50 review Z did indicates it’s like a small less expensive A90. That would provide me 2 completely different sounding headphone amps.

I don’t have any balanced headphones as yet so Im not worried if the L50 isnt really balanced. Its just an idea anyway at this point.

1 Like

Beer.

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Ordered a Focal custom headphone cable from Hart Audio Cables. Hope it’s nice and supple like the last one I purchased. Got a 10% discount with HFG22 code too! Think I’ll try one of their fancy new IEM cables next.

2 Likes

Picked up the ie600s, I really like them so far, bass is thumpy without being overdone, highs are detailed without getting too sharp, I like how easy and comfortable they fit

10 Likes

Got myself a pair of these to try :smirk:

11 Likes

I can´t be the only one!? :smiley:

8 Likes

New tubes for the Loxji P20 and the Tempotec Serenade X Balanced Music Streamer DAC/DAP

9 Likes

Been going down the retro handheld rabbit hole for the last year. Just got the Retroid Pocket 2+ in this weekend. Really cool so far. And of course tried to make a cable to match, haha.

@ToneDeafMonk Love the Loxjie P20! So good for the price. And nice too look at on top of that.

@Tmc28 Thanks a lot!

14 Likes

Woah! Where’d you get that cable? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing:

4 Likes

Saw that when it got released and have been interested.

Always looking for good DAC with Toslink and EQ to connect to a TV (cheaper than adi-2)

Maybe you could share some info about the EQ part?
Only pre-sets or custom ones and if custom ones then how many?
Just 10 Band EQ I guess ?
EQ works with all inputs (toslink) or just bluetooth?

Thanks a lot.

Mine is suppose to come in next week, so its nice to hear a made a good choice :slight_smile:

BTW what are DAC do you have it paired with?

ThieAudio Legacy 5 IEMs arrived today from Linsoul. Packing and accessories are different than what’s listed on the website and shown in reviews. No longer a faux leather carrying pouch now they come with a kinda adorable miniature plastic case. Same foam and silicon tips as reviewed versions thankfully.

Ordered them with the EST cable and it came in it’s own box. I like the feel and termination of my Blon BLA8 cable more though, which I didn’t expect. The legacy 5s are currently on sale for 10% off on Linsoul for their back to school sale, I made my purchase last week but was unable to get Linsoul support to agree to any sort of crediting for the difference once the sale started, sigh. No listening impressions yet but my expectations are high.

3 Likes

I broke my promise of not buying audio stuff untill October: I bought a smsl HO100 to put on top of my dx3pro V2 (I hope I won’t have to put it underneath).

It was 150 on Amazon the first time I saw it , e week ago. The price must have dropped due to current sales (134€) and the Amazon vendor offered a 5% discount => I bought it for 127€ vat included.

Since it is sent by Amazon, I can send it back if I don’t hear enough difference with my topping.

3 Likes