What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Nothing special just some new ear tips again. This time I bought the CP100+ and definitely an improvement over the original one. Better tips for my Airships finally, for it does not slip off from my ears, which is a shame for the E Types for those are perfect for the Airships as well.

6 Likes

Idk why I do this to myself.

12 Likes

no worries man. my wife would be a shoe-a-holic, but where we live doesnā€™t allow for it, LoL.

fortunately sheā€™s thrifty, so when she could collect them they werenā€™t expensiveā€¦

Is that an iFi Gryphon?

Yes it is.

I think I want one mainly as my home system dac, but also my on the go dac/amp with my Android phone. My tablet that I use at home is Android. I was going to get a Topping D10S or an iFi Zen DAC v2 but they donā€™t seem to support Android, & then arenā€™t good for mobile.

I cant pull the trigger though as yet. They are not cheap, but between the iDSD Signature the Diablo, & the Gryphon, the later wins on price.

How are you liking yours?

As an AIO there really is no comparison the Gryphon is IMHO the best portable device on the market.
I love mine! Iā€™ve been rocking it for my office setup back home and my lifeline to hifi while Iā€™m deployed lol. I use mine BT and USB mainly, never had a hiccup and powers everything I have pretty well.
I donā€™t think you will regret the purchase but if you donā€™t need BT, Iā€™ve seen the signature dib into the low $500s for pricing.

any dac with a usb input will work with android. type c to usb a 2.0 for zen dac(or usb b if older model phone)

usb a(not 2.0) to type c(or b if older phone) for the d10s.

your phone will stream with a usb cable.

edit: turn phone volume all the way up and use dac/ampā€™s knob to actually control volume.

1 Like

Check up on the new Topping G5 - AIO + BT + battery powered super clean device. 300$

1 Like

My wallet cries was on sale and got the 10% off

12 Likes

I used my saved up Amazon points, to buy three under $100 sets, purely to test them out and see what the fuss is about and then send them back.

I wonder if they cause me some regret to make me not want to send them back lol

1 Like

I dont need a preamp at home. Ive got a Singxer SA1. But if I wanted to go mobile I was thinking about the Gryphon. Its just the price holding me back.

1 Like

How about whats in my Anazon Cart just waiting to be ordered? Does that count?

Though I do have some nice & somewhat expensive gear, Im one of those people who spends weeks, months, years fighting with myself about spending my own money on anything for my own use.

Im now looking at a Topping E50 & L50 stack, along with some Monoprice Premier cables, & a KableDirekt optical cable, & a Kuxiyan male micro usb dongle to female usb c. All total $550.94, before tax.

Cant seem to push the order button.

Keep in mind L50 doesnā€™t have a balanced output even with its XLR out. You might as well wait for L30 + E30 ver. II

1 Like

A fun thread for those of us who just canā€™t commit.

After a lot of back and forth decided to pull the trigger and get an ā€œendgameā€ amp

Still not sure about what DAC i want to pair with it but for now its be more than enough for any of my headphones

2 Likes

Iā€™ve already got a Singxer SA1 that has balanced.

Why would they put a balanced output connection on the L50 if they didnā€™t need it?

The E50 got my attention from itā€™s price & features & then reviews later.

The L50 review Z did indicates itā€™s like a small less expensive A90. That would provide me 2 completely different sounding headphone amps.

I donā€™t have any balanced headphones as yet so Im not worried if the L50 isnt really balanced. Its just an idea anyway at this point.

1 Like

Beer.

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Ordered a Focal custom headphone cable from Hart Audio Cables. Hope itā€™s nice and supple like the last one I purchased. Got a 10% discount with HFG22 code too! Think Iā€™ll try one of their fancy new IEM cables next.

2 Likes

Picked up the ie600s, I really like them so far, bass is thumpy without being overdone, highs are detailed without getting too sharp, I like how easy and comfortable they fit

10 Likes