What did you buy today? (Part 2)

An open box Sony XBA-N3AP!

2 Likes

ordered a Woo Audio Wa11 Topaz yesterday should have it later today

4 Likes

Some might know Im not a headphone guy. Ive got Tannoy XT8F towers, but my aunt has moved in having been diagnosed with parkinsons so I dont get the chances to listen at reference level anymore.

Up until now I only had B&W P7s, no soundstage, & some AKG clones by Samson. Both sound nice on my Singxer SA1, but I want soundstage. Not wanting to spend $300 to $400 on just 1 headphone, I just ordered 1 Senn 599SE & 1 Beyer DT990Pro on Amazon.

I cancelled the 990s & ordered Blon B60s instead.

1 Like

Listening on my Blon A8s now. Finally, blessed silence.

4 Likes

I hope the B60s work out for you.

http://open.qobuz.com/album/lejohthywayuc

Picked up Yes the Steven Wilson Remixes up in 24/96 for less than $19 for 5 albums! I have Aqualung and Chicago II SWM and enjoy those so this was a no brainer.

3 Likes

New tubes and Knobs for the Loxjie P20

C$ 16.64 6%OFF | Toxic Soviet 6H3N-E tube High quality generation 6n3 5670 2c51 tube

4 Likes

.<, I just spent $200 on stuff for our new pup and then ordered $700 in shoes (3 pairs) for the wife. all I got outta the deal is a smoking credit card, LoL!!!

4 Likes

I bought P1 Plus after being able to demo them.

7 Likes

I hope you won’t be getting QC issues when it comes to your BTR3K, for I unfortunately had to dealt with mine, for the first BTR3K I ordered just stopped charging altogether and does not turn it on anymore after a few days of use. Luckily, with the 2nd one I am not facing issues anymore and I hope it stays that way.

Fiio BTA30 Pro + Final ZE3000 TWS = :sparkling_heart:

Just a few thoughts…
I love this pairing. I only tested the following scenario in the 60min have the BTA30 in use.

• BTA30 plugged in to my Win 10 PC as a DAC/transmitter to the ZE3000

First of all the the ZE3000 is the best TWS I own soundwise. Very balanced sound signature all around. The head-fi reviews are on point. I don’t notice the long-known BT hiss or humm in any pairing neither with the Fiio nor with the LG V30.
Things I like so far:

• the transmission range is impressive, ymmv with concrete walls.
    ** through 1 brick wall → :white_check_mark:
    ** through 2 brick walls → :white_check_mark:
    ** through 3 brick walls → :negative_squared_cross_mark:

• The volume knob is very convenient in a desktop or preamp setup

• No perceivable lag while PC gaming or watching videos

5 Likes

Schiit Sys, Black $49.

Now I can easily switch between three amps and three dacs in seconds.
Makes comparisons very easy and fast!

The Soluspeak ST 42 is a 4 in to 2 out…so one of the outs go to the Schiit Sys
and is selected via the front panel Schiit Sys pushbutton.

Simple

6 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

got my secondhand Kennerton Magni today
Edit: pictures added

9 Likes

$400 in dog beds. wife thought she was adding them to the wish list… LoL!!!

3 Likes

Memory foam dog beds are no joke :sweat_smile:

1 Like

$700 for 3 pairs if shoes? The greater tragedy is she will never wear them probably & they will eventually get lost in her collection of shoes, for which she has a dedicated closet not counting whats under the bed & you could have bought 2 back up pair of Sundara’s or something, or 7 years worth of new pads for your favorite headphones.

3 Likes

no, these are every day shoes. they will all be worn out in a year or so.

1 Like

I’m just kidding of course.