What did you buy today? (Part 2)

i like the grays better than white on black like i have now so i may order those colors again but in the low profile i have now

Yeah, the low-profile keycaps in the earlier pic were what drew me in. Grey instead of black would look amazing there, I think!

1 Like

agreed!

pimpmykeyboard.com btw, the profile is called F10 just in case you wanted to check it out further.

im just not sure wheter i want to go gray instead of the white or gray instead of the black!

2 Likes

White and grey, 100%.

I’m kind of glad I don’t have a “pimpable” keyboard right now… that would be another money sinkhole. Model 01 is perfectly suitable for my needs currently

1 Like

oh neat, im just waiting for the perfect split with a good wireless system thats also white. i think you are right, the black has to go i think. thanks for the input!

the keycaps i gave around 40-60usd for and they’re PBT so thats not bad at all, well to be fair that is 40-60 usd for blanks but it’s not GMK bad who overcharges for abs

You can find conventional keyboards for like 15$
But if you want a “tenkeyless” one, it’s at least 50$
And this is 140$ for like 40 keys.

Man, keyboards are like women’s lingerie. Watch me becoming a millionaire by selling a one-key keyboard for 1000$. :crazy_face:

P.S.: Yes, I’m kidding, I get it. Customizable, mechanical keyboards, good switches, etc. But two years ago I thought “hey, there’s not much space in the keyboard tray here, so I’ll get a keyboard without a numpad, and less stuff will mean it costs less, huh?” …and I ended up with a ~100$ Cooler Master CK530. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Not a formal review or write up. I think someone else will be doing that in detail very soon, but my impression is …

3 Likes

enthusiast keyboards and enthusiast headphones in a nutshell.

except the diminishing returns stops at 50usd or however cheap you can get a keyboard that you can build yourself, i think Drop has one at 80, reason for importance of building it yourself ofcourse being that you’ll be lubricating the switches to make them as premium as possible which is practically where you will not get any more returns on investment thereafter, feel wise anyway unless you want to count mounting method and mounting material which does much less for feel than what the switches themselves does.

my preonic is 100% percent alluminium, not counting parts like pcb, switches etc so there is definitely something to be said for that when looking at the pricing

1 Like

the differentiation is so important i feel like. is it a bit silly to spend 150usd for a keyboard though? sure!

for a custom 150usd is pretty descent, you can get down to 80usd with what is being offered on Drop iirc

you aren’t wrong, if you are looking to make a quick buck and have designer tools available to you that you are trained in it’s probably the community to target because they are willing to pay anything for steel as long as your design is pleasant

i see now i should have went with a gray like this, i don’t think the snow white is that bad so just having one of these grays in place for the black would have done a lot i think, yap, time to waste more money, money sucks

3 Likes

Took the 7 day not much time to do anything at the port other than walk around shopping trinkets or go for the beach trip for a dip in the turquoise water. If the water is still turquoise, i went 10 years ago. Get hammered and comeback with a Tshirt.

1 Like

Not bad for $40. I tried today and it works yeah! This is my first sub…

1 Like

Lol I def plan to get hammered, drink packages are already added. Gonna swim with dolphins and do the jet ski tour.

2 Likes

Just put in another order to Amazon, this time for my girlfriend since I gave her my old Mad Dog’s…

An EMK 6’ cable for the Mad Dog’s, a third Raspberry Pi4 with the same aluminum Flirc case and 32 Gb micro SD card, and an ifi Zen DAC.

1 Like

Ifi diablo arrived two days ago but couldn’t pick it u until yesterday. It been living up to some of the hype so far

21 Likes

That adapter and cable hanging of the table like that gives me anxiety.

9 Likes

Damn I haven’t seen that iFi Diablo before, looks pretty sweet!

1 Like

When you see it, you really do see it… That’s the first pic I’ve seen of it in which it doesn’t look neon, bioluminescent or “biohazard” red. :grin:

1 Like

Got some nice and calming music.

26 Likes

Calm Like a Bomb :metal: :smiley:

4 Likes