What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Small update:

Both items have arrived. Thanks to the IEMatch, I don’t have channel imbalance (because of the analogue potentiometer).

And for the JVC ear tips, I don’t feel like I’m stretching my ear canals when I listen with my Tin P1’s.

Ears are happy :+1::+1:

2 Likes

TRN 16 SPC 2.5mm cable, 2.5 to 4.4mm Bal converter… prep for incoming DAP

3 Likes

The Mighty Little Bear arrived today! I wasted no time integrating it into the system.

I love this thing. I now I have the Frost configured to where I am now able to select which amp I want to listen to. It’s great!

First impressions are… It’s fantastic. It’s a very well made unit. Solid feel, excellent connectors, sits very firm on the desk. The switch itself has a wonderful feel to it when you operate it. And I think it looks really good with everything. The World’s Best Cables are so nice to work with. And they deliver excellent sound. I do not detect any signal loss. And then I connected the Sundaras to the SP200 over the balanced jack. I’ll write that over on the SP200 thread. Amazing. I’m having a lot of fun “operating” the system now! This was a great purchase.

12 Likes

2 matched pairs Siemens E88CC NOS tubes… should be at my door step next week.

10 Likes

It has finally arrived today and with that, my former motherboard belongs to my little brother for he needs an upgrade like ASAP! Heard good things about this B550 board and I hope they are right about it.

11 Likes

These are some items that have arrived recently.

Miter DAP and IEM case - it’s large but very handy, it can store either two IEMs or one set and a BTR5, charging cable and a DAP.

Astell & Kern SR25 - I was due an upgrade over the Opus #2 that I had. Now I can carry up to 1TB of music. The player is very responsive, light and has a large battery. I’m impressed with it so far.

Tripowin X HBB Mele - I’ve liked Chris’ other recommendations so I can’t wait to see what an IEM that he tuned sounds like.

Kinera Nanna Pro 2.0 - I’ve been curious about this IEM for quite some time and decided to take the plunge and get it.

I haven’t listened to the IEMs yet so I don’t have an opinion on them but it’ll be a fun week trying them out.

9 Likes

I had the exact same setup with the dap/iem case and sr25 for a while, still have the case too, I really liked having something I can easily have to hand rather than getting up to switch iems from my watch box :sweat_smile:

Yeah, and it’s nice to have everything in one box / case for traveling. It seems to protect the contents from small hits, I’ve been to cautious to have it roughed up :slight_smile:

1 Like

my only gripe is that when you open it up sometimes, the side parts tend to open up (especially with a dap in it) so you have to open it a specific way to avoid everything falling out

I learned to open it that way after my IEMs fell out. If there was a latch on the side it might help to keep it secure.

1 Like

Open heart cables arrived today. So far good in feel, especially the mmcx cloth wire. Resistance of 1 ohm is also very ok for me.

7 Likes

Building a Roon ROCK server.

13 Likes

New Mainboard and new CPU (5800x) because my 1700x turned from unstable to crashing every two to three hours.

I would like to point out, it is FAST

(Cinebench R15)

12 Likes

NICE! I should do the same still working off an old quad core pc… taking up too much space, no need for that these days.

Nice I just got a new board myself, still no new CPU though since I am still working on it.

1 Like

Okay, so as I had some time before my final shift in Fredericksburg, I decided to do a little shopping…
I got a new hat to help keep the sun off my face and neck

Some local house made fudge

A few bags of popcorn in the following flavors(didn’t get a picture): salted caramel, biscuits and gravy, and kettle.
Finally, the piece de resistance is not something I bought at a shop, but something that was ordered on Amazon and is finally arriving, albeit a bit late.

5 Likes

Got to admit something, I only bought it for the cool coaster :wink:

8 Likes

Biscuits and Gravy is an interesting flavor for popcorn…Kettle is the GOAT tho.

1 Like

So the new bumper was ready for pick up this morning, and I honestly couldn’t wait to pick it up and swap it out.

And it allowed me to see how bent the brackets where…

Edit: I’ll have to buy some new HAC stuff for a new sticker… @brux
Unless there’s a bumper sticker, or something a little more resistant to water/the weather

7 Likes

Ahhh yes, the simple reason of buying an expensive stuff is because of one specific item. I know that feel xD

1 Like