What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Finally! These are on my head.

17 Likes

It arrived on Thursday, but figured I’d post it now since I can enthusiastically recommend it. My Beautiful Audio Diana V2 Headband arrived and it is a game changer. The comfort increase is huge and it also has helped better position the pads, which does lead to sonic differences with the V2.

19 Likes

New arrivals:

When I ordered on Fri, Aug 27, the Schiit website said it would ship in 4-6 weeks, so I was bracing for the long haul - but Mon the 30th I get the email saying it had shipped. Way to underpromise and overdeliver, Schiit! Also, thank you, Schiit, for using the U.S. Postal Service - I got the shipping notice on Monday, and it was at my house on Thursday. Nothing but drama with FedEx - my keycap set (pictured below) circled the Midwest for 10 days before finally arriving.

I haven’t gotten a lot of time with the Magnius yet, but so far I like it. It’s a balanced replacement for my single-ended Beyerdynamic A-20.

Stock keycaps (plus some rando novelties on the F row) on my Leopold 104-key (PBT double-shot in Leopold’s Stepsculpture 2 profile):

New Domikey Crisis caps from Drop (ABS double-shot in SA profile):

These damn things cost about the same as the entire keyboard. And Drop has been up to their usual - advertising/promising one thing and delivering another. The set should have had a number of sweet novelties -

But recent sets have been shipping without them, and the photo is WYSIWYG. I should have paid attention to the users on Drop who were complaining, but I was really hoping for the best.

Such a drastic change in materials and profiles has had a huge effect on the keyboard’s sound profile - it’s much deeper pitched and poppier. I wasn’t expecting such a big difference, but I quite like it.

14 Likes

Mod House Deerskin suspension strap. Very very comfortable!

10 Likes

Found out the Hart Balanced XLR cable for the Sivgas are finally on the way. Looking forward to it’s arrival. At that point there will be no more 1/4" and no RCA cabling anywhere in the system. Viva La Balaance!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That looks outstanding.

1 Like

Haven’t worn them too long yet, but ooks great, feels great, so hopefully no more hot spot

1 Like

Picked up some new stuff today

18 Likes

Ey! CSL! whats your rig look like?

1 Like

Looks like the p6p has a credit card reader slot, lol

5 Likes

Makes sense.

This and my GT Omega ART cockpit are the first parts I’ve got for it so far, looking to get probably the maclaren gt3 wheel and the newer csl pedals after I move into our new house

1 Like

Finally here… Shanling M3x

9 Likes

NAD PP2e phono preamp. I had my turntable using its internal preamp for the longest time but I decided it was about time I got something a little better, So far I am very happy with it. The sound is a little less reedy, bass is a bit fuller. I’ve had to rebalance the phono arm since I can hear “bumps” in the quieter moments again - on the internal these were not audible - so it is certainly more sensitive. It has options for MM and MC and is a nice simple box. It’s sat here nicely on the Soncoz that handles PC sound. In the background is an Audiophonics XMOS U208 I bought last month to work with my Volumio streamer.

Edit: spelling

9 Likes

Now just need to get some foam to test my IEM’s :sound::sound:

12 Likes

The contents have been around for a while, but the case is new.
It has a nice spring hinge and works pretty well.

8 Likes

meze elite

31 Likes

Tasty!

I like the Silver & Black colorway and that the Elite is much lighter than OG.

1 Like

Thought this was the BST thread for a second and was about to pm before even seeing price

1 Like

well dont be surprised if it shows up there soon enough haha.
If you want dibs, let me know :wink: :laughing: