What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Oh trust me it does me as well trying to convince the girlfriend on room treatment, but the design kind.

new Xinhs cables for my Kato and for my upcoming new IEMs, Seek Real Airships. I will be using the modular one for the Airships since I ordered the Black version. Xinhs, your cables are pretty soft and cool, donā€™t fuck it up for your upcoming ones.

8 Likes

Was searching something to complement my upcoming DIVA, a Head-Fier suggested UM MEXT with its bassier, more relaxed signature. Saw one on Carousell SG, even with the added DHL international fee it still feels like a steal. Hopefully itā€™ll arrive sooner than later! Probably will end up buying a new set of eartips due to hygiene reasons

7 Likes

made arrangements to get the Ety ER2XR from the same guy I bought the 2SE from. :smiley:

1 Like

@Marzipan Let us know how you compare the two. I have the SE but think the
fit would be less critical (read bass response) with the XR.
First foray into iems. I ended up getting the Olinaā€¦love it!

1 Like

my first foray into IEMā€™s too. Iā€™ve had crappy stuff in the past and due to my left ear having a really constricted canal, never really got into them as I could never get any sort of comfort and fit. the triple flange works find for my right ear, but itā€™s painful in my leftā€¦the dual flange doesnā€™t hurt my left ear, but the fit still isnā€™t right, so Iā€™m gong to try some foam tips shortly and see how that goes. :smiley:

1 Like

Had them for a week now, but Iā€™m back on The Short Bus with the EJ07 courtesy of @CT007 ! While I still donā€™t know that Iā€™d take them (as a single keeper) over the 07M or KL, but I definitely enjoy them more than I did when I had my original pair.

8 Likes

What IEM? Is that thenā€¦

Itā€™s an EJ07 OG

2 Likes

Butā€¦ what cable! =p

1 Like

Just a KBear Rhyme I had laying around; Iā€™m not a big fan of the fabric stock one, and Iā€™ll probably scoop a nicer cable to put on them down the line.

2 Likes

Thanks I did not recognize it. Cheers J

1 Like

Todays haul, happy weekend boys!!

9 Likes

You have an Ultra HD Blu-ray player, must be? I am quite interested in getting one. I saw that YouTube comparison of UHD Bluray VS Dolby whatever, where the Dolby streaming had variable brightness, and make the picture brighter. Is there a specific player, format, and TV you prefer for UHD BR? I would assume you can just adjust brightness on the TV itself, if you donā€™t want that special Dolby service.

Hi, so yes i have the Sony UBP-X800Mk2 which goes for around $250, you can also get the Sony UBP-X700 for around $180. It has a different smaller size build and i believe the major difference is it wont play hi res audio discs ( SACD, DVD-Audio) and maybe higher sample rates, Iā€™m not 100%, Ive linked a compare in the comment. Also, for any disc with Dolby Vision, you have to turn it on and off each time, itā€™s not terrible once you learn the menu system but itā€™s something to know.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/compare?skus=6336494,6454118

Now, Im assuming you mean Dolby Vision and with my LG C1 I donā€™t have issues with Brightness going from Dolby Vision to HDR10. Some movies will be inherently darker but overall I donā€™t have a consistent issue with brightness. The player does have some video settings you can adjust but i donā€™t mess with them. I would rec the cheaper Sony player and a good return policy just to make sure you enjoy it without spending a ton. Im definitely curious about the more expensive players but ive been pretty happy with the picture Im getting, hope this helps.

2 Likes

Does the $400-$1000 player have any better picture/sound quality or should you spend on the features you NEED ?

Got a LG oled that needs a bluray player. What yā€™all think ?

Also how much is the sony panel over the LG. The picture quality night and day ?

Iā€™ve got a Sony x700 myself which I use for UHD discs as well as a DLNA player for my Plex server. Players really come down to features/how useful is the player software over any objective quality measures.

Sony has useful tools in their player software for manual lip sync delay, picture adjustments etc. which I appreciate since Iā€™m using an older Pioneer receiver without the fancy 2-way audio sync that HDMI ARC brings. Other benefit of x700 is a dedicated audio out HDMI, that way I can send full 4k24/60 content to my display without needing a receiver with 4k passthrough. There may have been changes in this space since I last researched but I donā€™t think any major manufacturers have come out with improved players in a while.

2 Likes

Steam Deck came in today, feels great in hand!

6 Likes

Picked up a 43ā€ to finally replace my 27 as the main monitor and use my iMac as a second screen. Put my sons old 43ā€ in the upstairs living room for another chill area but mostly cat tv lol. Side note the Walmart bar stools make easy cheap speaker stands.

9 Likes

Did the same, best stands ever.

1 Like