What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Shame on you for calling her cheap, she is a classy lady with an “affordable” taste :smiley:

1 Like

The cables arrived on schedule and were installed. I was a bit skeptical at first, but these new cables actually added a little clarity and improved instrument separation. A nice little upgrade. So I am thinking that as time goes on I will slowly start to redo the plant with this new Mogami gold series cable.

1 Like

Got the silver version that’s only available on Hifigo. Never had a better stock cable and sound quality is really good for the price

6 Likes

Look man, we’re not bad influences, we’re just enablers…

3 Likes

$65 Barely Enjoyed amp for the desk now I don’t have to decide where I want to listen!

I think the balanced cables will cost more than the amp!

5 Likes

This one really is a little beauty:

And will now become part of my new bedroom setup:

In terms of sound, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this device, it also has enough power to drive a large part of my headphone collection.

It never ceases to amaze me how cleanly and powerfully these little boxes can now reproduce music.

Since the S.M.S.L SU-9 and the Topping D90se use the same DAC chip, I decided on the Sabaj because it simply looks much better and also has a very useful headphone amplifier installed.

—————

And I don’t think I’m the only one who likes this device:

9 Likes

Very classy look!

Uhhh, if you have the opportunity to cancel this order, do it quickly.

The Fiio adapter does not transmit enough voltage, so none of the Questyle’s makes any sound.

I use the adapter cable from ifi for my dongles.

I have two Fiio cables,

which work perfectly with Fiio’s own devices,

for everything else there is simply no power transmission.

5 Likes

ugh damnit thanks so much ill try

do you know of usb-c to lighting that will work with the m15?

Or:

Or:

ifi

2 Likes

thank you, luckily i was able to cancel

2 Likes

SonnyGaku NuTube hybrid

13 Likes

Fiio BTR7 came in today.

“Hardware” EQ is important for me. On head-fi I read that Fiio is working on a PEQ but so far it just has the same 10 band EQ like the BTR5. At least now it works with LDAC and USB. Good thing is they removed the automatic negative pre amp when turning on the EQ. Maybe they deliver the PEQ later via firmware upgrade but I doubt it, they said the same about the EQ with LDAC on the BTR5 and it never happened.

Edit:

Firmware upgrade with PEQ but only peak filter so far, no shelf filter. Still just 1 custom slot

12 Likes

Damn that looks extremely good, photos are top notch as always. The Sangaku seems like a pretty good amp if you want to go the diy route but I dont possess the skill to make one of those. The modifications are absolutely bonkers with the separate power supply and 256 stepped remote-controlled attenuator.

1 Like

where did you order the BTR7 from? mine is still on pre order from Linsoul expected to ship in 1-2 weeks

Hifigo has them in stock, ordered like 10 days ago. Changed in general from Linsoul to hifigo. Linsoul doesn’t say anything clear about VAT to Germany. Hifigo says it is VAT free. On Linsoul in the shipping FAQ they say if the package get lost with normal shipping you only get 50% of your money back.

Edit: now it says pre order in the title. Maybe they are all gone. I asked via Chat when I ordered to confirm if it was a pre order or in stock.

I was looking at hifigo before it sold out but that usually takes 1-2 weeks longer to reach me in the US than Linsoul, plus I was able to use a 5% off coupon instead of just $5 off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, it’s totally nuts. Sometimes I just play with the volume lol.
I was content watching Sonny build it, knowing full well I can solder up a keyboard, not so much something this complex.

some Etymotic ER4XR for $130 CAD off CAM.

1 Like