What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I was looking for some bass-heavy IEM’s, so I hope these will do.

If you are looking for even more bass, take a look at an ifi go blu for that beautiful xbass function.

Did you really go from a gaming PC to the K50? That’s one helluva jump…

yeah lol
I was considering a s20/30/60 but figured I’ll just buy once and be done :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well Schiit finally deigned to supply some stock to the UK at long last so…

10 Likes

I and MA gained this beauty today :heart: See you with first impressions

3 Likes

Why are the deals so good :rofl:

3 Likes

A DAP for $82 shipped that can also back up as a phone if anything happens to my iPhone 11… it runs Android too!

It’s crazy that a full phone with quad dac that can power up to 600Ω if needed (I’d only need up to 300) in good condition… costs less than some dongles.
Local storage, expandable storage, wifi, bluetooth…

8 Likes

My LG V30 will celebrate its 5th birthday on Black Friday. :heart_eyes:

But I really do have to upgrade some day.

2 Likes

Bought like one week ago but unpacked today.

Had an eye on the Meze 109 for some time since release. Looked for offers at hifi stores and eBay.
While having a bad day in the office I got a -50€ price offer message from one of the eBay listings I looked at. There was also an ebay promo code -50€ if you pay with a specific method. So I thought F* it to myself and got them for 700€. Tried the Meze 99 in the past but didn’t like them, bloated and small ear pads.

Box was with me for 3 days, thinking about if I should directly sell it again unopened without losing money. Normally I prefer big Soundstage and huge pads (Hd800, Hifiman Eggshape).

Decided today to try them. Pads have good size and are soft. Was afraid it could be a scratchy Velour like the Philips X2. Only listened like two songs so far. Sound overall is good but the Soundstage doesn’t ‘wow’ me. More listening on the weekend probably.
Luckily the replacement cable came in today. Got one for the 99 because I was not sure if the jacks are the same depth on the 109. The 3.5mm plugs stick out a little bit but still better than the janky rubber stock cable.

6 Likes

The cable looks a bit Frankensteinish with the hd 700 plugs but a man has to improvise, otherwise I’m interested in every impression and comparison you can give because those cans do threaten my wallet :laughing::sob:

2 Likes

What highest impedance phones did you put to test? How does it work out to you?
I mean I guess it would be loud enough, but how do you like the sound quality?

That’s the listing photo, I bought it today but I haven’t received it :slight_smile:

The Serratus when it comes will be the 300Ω ones, and apparently the Astrotec Phoenix I’ll be trying take a lot of power (although this probably isn’t reflected in their impedance as clearly)

1 Like

Replacement grills came in today so cool and soundstage now on turbo!

8 Likes

This Astrotec is indeed interesting with such low sensitivity, though on linsoul their max power is not that terrible :smiley: Thought they may not trigger the high power output mode from this LG, because of the low impedance and you would need to work around thst

My 0.5V EU version Apple dongle has 7mW and cannot even get some iems loud enough. How is this DAC able to power anything with just 1mW?

This is rated power of the IEM that @rattlingblanketwoman mentioned of being power hungry

I think the high impedance mode triggers at 40Ω or something so yes I’d need to trick it with an adapter. :+1:

The official Meze cable doesn’t look that much different though.

Ordered a “normal” 3.5mm cable with slim looking plugs, hope they fit. 2 weeks shipping…

4 Likes

Had the same problem with my t1.2 that didn’t work with my normal 3.5 plugs, but the tripowin cable has really slim plugs that work for it