What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Joined the Sundara club. Extremely happy with my first pair of headphones >$200.

21 Likes

Large package incoming.

27 Likes

I thought I was having a mushroom flashback looks at those speakers

2 Likes

Some spacers for my kallax unit so the records stay nice and flush. No more running into cords behind either. Right side has the spacer installed.

13 Likes

Wait do they sell these at Ikea? I ended up making my own completely unaware that these exist.

They make them for target, Walmart and better homes/ gardens style ones as well. They also have the choice of flush to the front or a little space as I went with. I might consider printing some in the future, but they are reasonably priced.

2 Likes

Picked up the KPH30i along with the FiiO BTR5 just to have at work. Honestly I prefer working with these over my Panda’s

…and this art book featuring regulars animals—but bigger

22 Likes

@db_Cooper, niiiicee on snatching post 10K! If M0N had posted even a few purchases he would have skewed that bell curve something nasty :rofl: :money_mouth_face:

Personally, I need to stop viewing this new thread like a challenge and try to avoid it rather than looking to share, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: New Kennerton’s arrived and being broken in for a few days now, GH50 Gjallarhorn JM edition.

35 Likes

Stylin and profilin !!!

1 Like

@Jetman :flushed: I may have gotten a bit stupid last month w/ the bling and shiny factor, a few of these because of the red weave… I wanted the obligatory backside shots to look nicer in the future. :star_struck:

17 Likes

Noice !! seriously good cable I am sure

1 Like

post for sub

10characterlimit

Nice. I just saw a Steve Guttenberg vid recently that addressed these highfalutin power cables and are they worth it. Of course, he had a range of product on review, and to me they looked ridiculous. When you see a power cable cross the Thousand-Dollar price point, you have to shake your head. Not knowing what you paid for these, these seem like a much more reasonable solution. I would be anxious to know how they work.

This seems to be a topic akin to an oil thread on a motorcycle forum. Always entertaining!

2 Likes

Honestly I really don’t notice any difference from standard good, cl certified or medical grade 14 and 12 awg power cords. My stuff just isn’t high end enough to bring out those fine details or my ears are just NOT trained enough to pick up on them.
I really do buy my cables because I like the way they look and I can afford them sometimes. I buy allot of used stuff…

6 Likes

Call me Mr. $0.33 on the dollar when it comes to sniping Audioquest bling on eBay.

2 Likes

You don’t have to justify yourself.
Buy what you like, whether it’s good or not.

I bought one myself on the Dac back then.
The differences for me personally were there and audible but minimal.
Today I don’t think about it any more.

If I remember correctly, the background was a bit blacker than usual, and there was a bit more depth and space.
But that’s all.it didn’t have any other definition in terms of sound.
And as I said, it was kept relatively small.
I bought other things that contributed much more to the sound.

3 Likes

Finally got the correct burson V5i.

I’ve only just installed it, but so far so good. I can’t tell if it’s just the Hemps that sound so god damn good or if the op-amp is adding a little something extra.

If you get a burson V5i, make sure you order the correct one because you have to ship it back to Australia to return it, which can cost just as much as the op-amp itself. I’m not too broken up about ordering the V5i-S x2 by mistake since I’m keeping them and I’ll probably use them at some point in the future. Just make sure you get the V5i-D x1 for the XD-05 original.

9 Likes

I got this. I believe it’s TRRS to 3.5mm (microphone and headphone adapter). Why? I lost one of my Nad HP50 cables. The “normal” one. TRR (…Rrrrrrs) would only give me mono. :confused:

Inexpensive and useful anyway. :headphones:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y4663GG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Very cool. I have to ask - What is this new op amp going into? Are you replacing an existing piece or building something from scratch?