What did you buy today? (Part 2)

it can’t be…

1 Like

New magni so your Vali+ doesn’t feel alone :face_with_raised_eyebrow::laughing:

1 Like

The Piety didnt make it out the Schiit door, but looks like a very interesing amp…love the small footprint and the price point is excellent for this high quality gear and sound IMO.

Listening with the Vali 2 + now, a RCA Bogen Clear Top with a NOS dac and its super decent with D8000 Pros…as good as it gets to me…

Having the Piety in house very soon will be a pleasant addition for sure!!

Ah! Life is good!
Enjoy the music while you can!
Alex

NOTE they go in sale this Sunday!!

3 Likes

I’ll look into a Vali or Valhalla when I get the bf2 64 upgrade but tomorrow I could blow my audio budget for this year depending how the zmf sale goes XD
But hey I finally install the speedball into my crack so should I get a VC I can play it some otl tube ness :notes:
And over the holydays i want to tryout deezer as a streaming service because amazon does grind my gears the wrong way with their app :crazy_face:

1 Like

welp looks like the audio budget for the rest of the year is gone XD

13 Likes

Well Santa came a little early this year for me…I got my first choice Atrium’s…I still am in a little shock that I got them…I know my luck…Now for the hardest part…The wait for them :rofl:

14 Likes

yeah was shocket at the selection even after my 10min late start because of PP

1 Like

Lets just say f5 started getting mashed around 1028…I had them in the cart and purchased by 1033…I wanted to be done before PayPal and the other payment methods started…Congrats on your VC’s…I think you will love them.

2 Likes

trust me i had a deep look at the atrium but for my rock/metal playlist the VC should be the better choise and the closed back nature helps if you live near a main road :partying_face:

But all in all both should work great with our tube amps :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You guys are making me VERY jealous!! But happy for you. :wink:

2 Likes

I have been saving up for a while for these…I had all intentions on buying the OG Clears on headphones.com…Then I saw this pair when they were posted last week and just fell in love with them…

2 Likes

You made the right choice my friend. I’d take the Atrium over so many headphones everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

1 Like

@Etroze86 100%…They are my endgame…I had a chance to spend some time with a pair a while back…I pretty much had a smile on my face the entire time…I planned on getting a pair at some point and time, but when I saw this pair last week I knew those were it…

2 Likes

I‘m completely reworking my room at the moment. First step was this ikea lack hifi rack and now a new desk.
I went for the boring mainstream ikea karlby but the smaller depth of this countertop really fits my rather small room.
Next setup is building some porous absorbers (I’ll only do 10cm deep ones but that’s better than nothing)
and I’ll build some diffusion panels out of styrofoam which, when coated with paint, can diffuse as well as wood diffusers with the advantage it lower weight and most importantly lower price (5€ vs ~120€)

6 Likes

Those are definitely beautiful, I went with koa wood for mine since I live in Hawaii right now.

4 Likes

2 Likes

That sounds like misinformation to me tbh
Diffusion has to meet certain criteria for it to actually work
Whoever told you paint can diffuse sound… well I think that’s just nonsense

Think the styrofoam should be the diffusion part and the paint is only there for the living room optic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nope, no misinformation. You just need a hard surface that absorbs as little sound as possible.
Even really dense EPS or XPS will still have holes and multiple layers of paint will fill them and make the foam reflective.
I’ve read all the threads and measurements on this; wood will still be better but they can get really close if done properly

1 Like

Cambridge Audio CXN V2

7 Likes