What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Focal Radiance… and a couple barebones keyboards
TheKeyCompany - Portico75
Keychron - V1
Edit - also chocolate moonshine 20% off for black friday was hard to pass up… so a bunch of fudge

6 Likes

same here, went for some custom keyboard i but i went for a GK GAMAKAY LK67 65% + Gateron Oil King + Akko Keycaps

2 Likes

My Schiit shipped! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I finally did it, the price became very competitive, so I pulled the trigger. Focal Radiance is on the way. I’m very excited! I wanted the Clear OG, but I had to have a closed set. So I think this is the way to go.

9 Likes

I can compare for you when my Radiance comes in :wink:

1 Like

“Schiit Magni +” Headphone Amplifier - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Schiit Magni + arrived today a day earlier.
Amazing new case and layout.

Excellent value for the money.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Why not get a great deal on completed argons.

8 Likes

Caved in, ordered the meze 109 pro open box…

10 Likes

Great headphone and pairs nicely with almost anything.

2 Likes

Thanks for buying the 109 so I don’t have to. lol, but sigh.

Will let you know how it is! I was watching some
youtube reviews and what convinced me was these two…

3 Likes

@robotecture Please do. They are still on my “future possibilities” list.
They’re so gorgeous that sound performance is almost just a plus, lol.

1 Like

Yeah they definitely look amazing lol… I have the 99 noirs and have liked them, found them to be still the most comfortable headphone I own, a nice enjoyable sound, but the main shortcomings of the 99 noir is that they are closed with imho not very great sound stage, and not quite resolving and energetic enough to compete with other higher end headphones I have… Interested to see how the 109 performs since reviewers seem to say it has a solid soundstage and resolution

1 Like

Congratulations! I love the look and design of this set. I’m willing to bet that they sound as good as they look. Enjoy. Anxious to read your impressions. :+1:

2 Likes

HiSenior 11:11 sale $20 ea Felos case was a great purchase bought 2.

Literally 1/2 weight of the Audio Sense case with a hand strap and IEM divider , and top removable zippered pouch.

Very happy my IEMs going to be safe and look stylish doing it!

Thats a Hakugei Healer cable and it fits so anything will.

10 Likes

They are awesome. Nice balanced closed back with some good bass. Beautiful and comfortable. Congrats!
:+1:t3:

3 Likes

Five plus years later, I re-bought the Meze 99 Classic’s. This time for my wife to listen to TV.
In the last seven years I have gone through a Lot of headphones. These are the only ones that I regretted moving on.
I am dying to plug them into my current system to see if they are as good as I remember. All in the name of pre-testing for my wife of course. :grin:

41aeugLPDhL.AC_SY1000

During BF in Canada they are $299.00. I was going to get the Neo’s, but I thought for an extra $100.00, I might as well grab the Classic’s. I always loved their look.

5 Likes

Finished building my absorbers (125 x 62.5 x 10cm)
Cost was about 30€ per absorber and I have them placed behind each speaker.

They helped to reduce the RT60 by 100-200ms which is clearly audible.
I’m still in the process of building DIY diffusers but they probably won’t do much in my setup and are mainly for aesthetics

Current speaker setup:
PC -(USB) → Raspberry Pi running CamillaDSP -(hifiberry board optical out) → SMSL Sanskrit 10 → Denon PMA 1500 RII → LS50 and Canton Sub 601

Headphone setup:
PC → Moondrop Dawn -(4.4mm to XLR) → Topping A30 Pro → Aeon Noire (for music) or DT1990 (for gaming and multimedia)

1 Like

Took a while, but I really love it. Have 150 Km on it allready , crashed it once but i love to ride in our soviet shooting range.

4 Likes

New AMT ribbon tweeters for the Car

6 Likes