What did you buy today? (Part 2)

New Sundara just arrived. Ordered via Amazon during black Friday and in combination with them having a damaged box got them for $240 US. Also got the Let Shuoer S12 for $119. Trying the Sundara first and man, I get it. These are a obvious step up from the 400i and XS.

5 Likes

What were you driving the XS from? The Sundaras aren’t even close to as good as the XS. I could see the intimacy being likeable because they don’t stage anywhere close to as big as the XS but the XS are leaps more capable.

1 Like

14 Likes

:man_shrugging:t5::man_shrugging:t5::man_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

That faceplate…

:rofl:

3 Likes

The faceplates are, indeed, a highlight of the BMaster 2

Burn those suckers in!!!

1 Like

Oh lawd its here

22 Likes

Excellent! Mine came in as well. I have about 4 hours on them so far and they are the Cat’s pajamas! I am anxious to read your impressions and hope that they delight you as much as they have me.

5 Likes

I knew I had that name wrong, meant the 400 se. Sorry about that. I’d love to try the XS or any of the higher end Hifiman offerings, but I get leery about ordering them when you hear some of the QC issues.

1 Like

I get the excitement for these! Really pleasing presentation, very little to complain about at this price. The low mid/mid “dip” is a bit much for me though, messes with male vocals too much.

3 Likes

Time to see what the fuss is about.

6 Likes

I know what you mean. I stayed away from the XS for a long time because I was worried about the QC issues as well. But I had good luck with the Sundara, so I took a chance and ordered the XS. I’ll be honest, the build isn’t that great. But they are fine. And man, they are really good.

1 Like

hell yeah, bring it on!

11 Likes

Though the sale would begin on the 1st of December or is that again a club privilege?

yeah it’s legacy/5th member presale - I’m an old legacy fan club member, but 5th member is free to sign up for. I like getting in early for standing tix.

1 Like

It’s hard to not like them in my opinion.
Good purchase! :slight_smile:

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

The conversation steered too far from topic and that portion was moved to the Rant thread.

Thanks !!

3 Likes