What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Hello darkness, my old friend

7 Likes

Nice you got yours sweet!

I had the budget, needed a new dresser, and I’ve been eyeballing this TV stand. Unfortunately, I’m losing today off, and I had to swap my day off yesterday for tomorrow. Might lose that day off too, but I’ll be trying to set them up in the morning.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/594095888

1 Like

Just got two of the NiceHCK Jialai cables for $19+tax for a grand total of $20.32 on AE. Great score if you ask me! I wasn’t even looking for cables, but when I saw their price and it let me apply a coupon to bring it down, I really couldn’t resist.

Edit: I got both in 0.78 2pin, one terminated in 2.5mm and one in 4.4mm.

8 Likes

Haven’t listened to it yet

9 Likes

I really wanted to get the dark blue version a few weeks back but decided against it - It’s still in my cart so who knows! Good luck with that wait for AE shipping :melting_face:

2 Likes

I didn’t actually buy it; Kathy sprung it on me as an early Xmas gift. It’s starting to actually get kinda cold around here. plus, she sees me with my fake fire going on the computer all the time! So, I got this

I love it. Totally changes the vibe in the room. I don’t know how they do it, but the fire looks real. Such a cool thing!

7 Likes

Is this the kind with the space heater element in it that heats the room too or is it just the decorative type?

Gave away some $$ to get a used set of Prisma Azul. Super stoked!!

This is the type with the space heater, too. It has low and hi heat switches. It’s a desktop model, 15”w x 8”d x 11”h. Pretty well made, too. I put it on an old end table and it’s great. It puts nice energy in the room. It runs pretty quiet as well.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for Zeos to review the meze 109’s before I consider them. I hope they are good though! Seeing many open boxes available for a product makes me worry, it either means they have manufacturing problems, or people bought them and had poor experiences and returned them =/ If a product is really amazing, people will usually buy and keep them instead of returning something.

1 Like

After a few CD sessions on the bedroom system with a true CD transport, I tried playing a CD on the desktop system this afternoon, and honestly, that little Sony CD Walkman is just coming up short! So, I am gonna do a make-shift CD transport with this, the Sony BX370 Blu-Ray player

HD Digital out via coax right into the frost. Ridiculously affordable. That’ll do, Pig… That’ll do. :smiley:

7 Likes

Just ordered a Topping L70 + a pair WBC Silver XLRs to use as a preamp for a pair of SMSL A300 amps i picked up on Black Friday, and a SMSL SU-9 (already owned for a while). I did a Test setup using my Burson Soloist 3XP as a preamp paired with a Bifrost 2/64. They are hooked up to a pair of Klipsch RP 600m speakers.

2 Likes

This has been percolating for a while. CD’s on Amazon today:

Won’t get them until Christmas, but I am really looking forward it!

11 Likes

That’s a pretty big haul for a single purchase. Collections and compilations are cool like that! :sunglasses: I used to get a Chalkys catalog twice a year before internet commerce was big. They’ve been a great source for ordering jazz albums and the like for a long time. Looks like you’re in for a fun time!

It will be awesome. 30 albums for $105.00. I will rip them to my computer as ALAC files and then sell the CD’s on for a decent price.

Sounds like a good deal to me! Quick question, do you rip to ALAC instead of FLAC brcause you use the Apple ecosystem or is their some other reason for it too? Just curious.

I LOVE the simplicity and customization options that iTunes offers.
I am not an iPhone, Mac or iPad guy, but I Love iTunes. And I buy a ton from iTunes too. :grin:

That’s as good a reason as any. Like I said, I was just curious. Enjoy the new CDs, bro!

1 Like

I know I bought this already back then but I lost my set of these. Decided for the black version this time.

7 Likes